PDA

View Full Version : garage sale find

judyjay
07-04-2009, 01:24 PM
My scrap room has become a mess the past several months with a lot of different types of "storage" items. I've got the plastic drawers on wheels, the wire cubes that you put together, rolling files, a little bit of everything! Today we went out for breakfast and on the way home, we past a garage sale sign. I looked down the street & caught a glimspe of a cabinet. I asked dh to turn around so we went back to look at it. Well, it's a 5 piece entertainment center that's a total of 7 feet long. We got it for $85. It's in pretty good condition, just has a few scuff marks & scraps. So far we have 3 of the pieces in my craft room. Getting the biggest (where the tv goes) in was the hardest because we have to go down a small hallway with a corner to get into the craft room. Now, I've got to take out more of the "junk" storage pieces so I'll have room for the other 2 pieces of the entertainment center. I've still got a lot of work to do but I think when I get it finished, it will look really nice. I'll post some pictures later when I've had time to get the room all together again. I think I might take a few before pictures too, even though I've already done some moving. I think I got a good deal & that it will really be a plus to my crafting!

mommaidwf
07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
That sounds like a great deal to me too! WTG Judy!

Janice
07-04-2009, 05:14 PM
WTG!!! what a great find. Hope it works for you cant wait to see it and how you pack it full of stuff.

Cyndi
07-04-2009, 05:17 PM
That sounds like a great addition to your scrap room, we wanna see pictures. :D

Cass17
07-04-2009, 05:30 PM
great find! I want to see some pics when you're finished setting it up.

Tonitoo
07-04-2009, 08:27 PM
WOW, were you lucky!

Toni

jujuann
07-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Sounds like a good buy! Looking forward to seeing how you put it to use.

Iowa
07-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Sound like you got a deal!

I think I'd add shelves where the TV was... and I'd probably paint it... LOL. ;)

laurat99
07-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Yea for you! Sometimes I think I spend almost as much time organizing my stuff as I do scrapping, cause I can't create in a mess. Best of luck getting it all together.

ginnyathome
07-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Good for you. Could make a great "before-during-after" layout.

judyjay
07-05-2009, 01:40 PM
My 1st thought was to add shelves in the tv area. I even asked my son (who's an expert carpenter) what he could do with it. Then I decided that I would put my Sizzix towers and my Big Shot in there. I think it will make a nice work area for that & will free up some of my table space. It's going to be a while before I can post pictures. It's a major disaster area right now!

LoriS.
07-05-2009, 08:26 PM
good luck Judy and I agree all the various "storage" things can end up looking really messy. I also think it's harder to keep track of where things are if you have a bunch of different systems

IrishMom
07-06-2009, 03:06 PM
sounds wonderful -- I have that miss mash of storage and I agree it can be messy to work in -- can't wait to see how it works out for you; g