PDA

View Full Version : Camera HELP!!!!

jujuann
06-09-2009, 11:43 PM
My DH dropped my camera on the floor and now it is BROKE!! Did you know that they are no longer making cameras that use film??? It was my Cannon Sure Shot, that I absolutely love!!! I also have a Kodak Easy Share digital and the Cannon makes much better photos, plus it has a better zoom. Then I find out that to get the same quality in a digital, I'll have to go to a high-end and I cannot afford to do that at this time. AND, I have 2 road trips planned in the next 3 mos, with no decent camera!!

Does anyone know of a place I can have the camera repaired for a very reasonable price? I need 70 optical zoom on a digital to get the photos I take, so do you have suggestions for a reasonable priced (under $200) replacement. I'm really upset and need your help!!

UPDATE.......I don't know how it happened, but my camera is working again. Of, course, now that I have put a bid on a replacement. I'll go ahead and take the replacement if I win the bid.

DH has this "stupid" grin on his face so I don't know if he fixed it or just found out it was fixed.

PaperPossibilities
06-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Oh, Judith, so sorry to hear about the accident with your precious camera. I don't know of a camera to recommend for that price. Maybe go to a camera shop and ask a sales person for some advice? Go to several places?

Or maybe someone here will have a camera they can recommend straight away.

Mine is a Sony Alpha100 - you can get better versions of it now for a lot less than I paid for mine, but I don't know what a camera with a 70 optical zoom would cost....

Cyndi
06-10-2009, 06:51 AM
I'm sorry Judith,that's rough about your camera. Sorry but I don't know much about camera's.

laurat99
06-10-2009, 07:12 AM
EBay might be an option?? I'm sorry you lost your camera. I would try a camera shop, they might be able to repair it, or let you know if it is repairable.

mommaidwf
06-10-2009, 07:33 AM
I am so sorry. I would look into getting it repaired also, just to see how much it would cost you. I'd start with Ritz camera, it's really the only place I know of that might do that kind of thing.

Cass17
06-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Maybe you can find another one that is the same as yours on Craigs list.

jujuann
06-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I have checked 'evilbay' and am watching a bidding on one exactly like mine. Wish me luck. I thought about checking the pawn shops too. I called Wolfe Camera and they told me it would cost more than the camera is worth to repair it. We don't have Ritz in our area.

QuesMom
06-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm afraid you will find any place, it will cost more to repair it than the camera is worth...Go check your local Wal-Mart, they have some pretty nice inexpensive film cameras that might get you through your trip and until you decide which to buy...

I got one for my Nephew (aspiring photo-taker) and it was like $60...

jujuann
06-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Well, if I can't get the one on 'evilbay', I check them out. Our KMarts don't carry film cameras any more!

LoriS.
06-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm pretty sure our Wal-mart carries film cameras still, and if not look into wal-mart on-line they will ship to any wal-mart for free

judyjay
06-10-2009, 12:43 PM
How about paying a few of those throw away type of cameras? Our WM has them. You know the kind. They have the film already in them & you use them until that's used up. Then you have them processed & they're thrown away. Those things only cost about $4 or $5 each.

Merryscrapper
06-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Did you contact Canon directly to see if they would do the repair? Something in the back of my mind tells me I sent a camera off to the manufacturer to be fixed but I'm not sure of the brand. In the meantime, maybe you can Google "camera repair" for your area. Sorry about the accident. I'll bet your DH feels terrible. I have a Canon Power Shot Elph right now that takes great pix but I'm pretty sure it isn't under $200. Good luck.

Ms. Merry

jujuann
06-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Judy, the disposable cameras are don't have the zoom. I tried to find a repair place online for the Cannon with no luck. I'm still watching the one on 'evilbay" as it is the same camera.