PDA

View Full Version : Rum Cheesecake

Cher56
06-01-2009, 08:00 AM
I made this recipe up and after I got it made, everybody loved it. Said it was the best they had ever eaten.

Ingredients:

2 cups Whipping Cream
1/3 cup Rum
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla
2 pkgs Cream Cheese
1/3 cup sugar
2 pkgs Vanilla Wafers

In a mixing bowl, beat whipping cream to form soft peaks (at high speed), set aside

In another large bowl beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Add Rum, vanilla & 1/3 cup sugar (to taste) to cream cheese mixture, fold in whipped cream.
Pour over vanilla wafer crust

Vanilla wafer crust:

2 pkgs of vanilla wafers. (This I just had to measure out how much I would need to fill a pie pan).
Crush wafers into fine like crumbs (like graham cracker crust)
1/3 cup melted butter

After wafers are crushed, add melted butter ( I had to add a little more melted butter) to make like a graham cracker crust and spread into pie pan
Add the rum cheesecake filling and chill for 8 hrs
Serves 10

This was an experiment that turned out delicious.

coriander
06-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Ooo, that does sound good. I'll bet it would be good with some tropical fruit sauce, too... mango pineapple coconut

Cyndi
06-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Sounds good, cheesecake is one of my favorites. Thanks for the recipe. :)

LuLu
06-09-2009, 08:11 AM
I am going to have to try this. I always keep a bottle of coconut rum around. I bet that would be great in this.

mommaidwf
06-09-2009, 09:05 AM
MMmmm... LuLu you and me both! I have some in my kitchen right at this very moment, LOL! I am totally going to try this out!

LuLu
06-09-2009, 10:29 AM
MMmmm... LuLu you and me both! I have some in my kitchen right at this very moment, LOL! I am totally going to try this out!

with or without the cheesecake? :D

Cher56
06-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Yum coconut rum, sounds good.

jujuann
06-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Now I have to go out and buy me some Rum. I bet I could use the flavoring. I'm going to try it and then take it to a church potluck. I could double the recipe and put it in a springform pan.