PDA

View Full Version : Need to be organized

gluemore girl
05-19-2009, 10:22 PM
I'll tell you what, for ME, a clean desk inspires me to scrap.
I had to put my stuff away in order to clear the way to installing a new drop ceiling in my family room (which hosts my scrap space).
Just cleaning off the counter top made a big difference.
Things are not perfectly organized but just being put away somewhere has made a difference!
Once the ceiling is up (hopefully this weekend), I'll be able to scrap.

jujuann
05-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Doesn't it feel so good to have it in a place. It will also be good to get your ceiling done. Then you can get back to the fun stuff.

Cyndi
05-20-2009, 07:05 AM
I have to clean and put up stuff after everything that I make and that seems to take me longer than it did for me to make whatever I did. Hope that your ceiling gets finished this weekend. :)

LoriS.
05-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm that way too, once it gets too cluttered I can't do anything. I try but end up walking away until I have the energy to tackle the mess. One of my worst habits though, is to pile it into something to deal with later

Tonitoo
05-20-2009, 01:13 PM
It's great when everything is in it's place, now if only it could stay that way :eek:

Toni

QuesMom
05-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I hear you on the clean space...I can not go in and make anything if it is not all cleaned up to start with...

kray
05-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I too, like a clean space.....not guaranteed that I will keep that clean space. In fact, I need to put some stuff away to scrap again.

I need to get my scrapping mojo started again

Iowa
05-20-2009, 10:35 PM
I clean up after myself after every LO.... I have to have a clean space or I get nothing done... What amazes me is how FAST my scrap supplies have multiplied! I swear it grows all by itself. LOL..... My latest project is to expand my storage and work top spaces... I've added a 4' long unit with 7 cubbies large enough to hold a 10" x 16" basket each, and 2 large cubbies that will hold taller items like scrapbooks.... I'm planning to put a 7' work top with safety glass (same as the first) on top.... between the 2 and my desk, that will give me a total of 21' of "desktop", 9 shelves each 3' long, and 3 shelves 4' long, and the 9 cubbies in the new unit.... That will provide me with some space for "expansion" but I'm not sure how long it will last. LOL... WHERE does it all come from?! :D

LoriS.
05-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Oh it sounds like we need updated pics of your craft space!

gluemore girl
05-22-2009, 06:17 AM
I am starting the ceiling this weekend. My craft table is all cleaned off so it is literally screaming at me to scrap... but I've gotta get the ceiling done first...
I might change some things around down there but haven't decided.
We are also gonna replace the flooring down there... the cat has pulled it up with his claws plus it is just stained from life with kids and pets so that will be next.
I will post once I'm done.
Wish me luck... I hope I'm not taking on more than I can chew with this ceiling!!

Cyndi
05-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Good luck, don't know what kind of ceiling that your putting up, we put one up a few years ago with the 1 foot tiles on furring strips in a room. It was not real hard but was pretty time consuming. It made our shoulders and necks hurt from looking up and holding our arms up for so long. :)

gluemore girl
05-22-2009, 10:55 PM
the grid is already up, I need to paint it and then add the tiles. I'm not going to try to do it all at once, but maybe can finish it up in a couple of weekends!

Cyndi
05-23-2009, 07:09 AM
That might not be as bad, but it will not take long for your neck and shoulders to hurt from looking up. :)

Iowa
05-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Just don't forget to post the photos.... I LOVE seeing everyone's spaces. Its a great way to get ideas and its just fun to see where everyone "works". :D