PDA

View Full Version : look what I made

oniska
08-24-2007, 02:47 AM
After a Hard day in which I learned very little I made this brush with my monogram. I know it is very little but I am proud of it. I still have to do a littl more but i will show you the finished product

illinimom
08-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Very nice! I wonder, can you post an example of what you will use this brush for. Other than basic brushes used for 'drawing', I've never been quite sure how I should use them.
Thanks!

crafty grandmommie
08-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Looks good - You'll have to share how you did it.

oniska
08-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by illinimom:
Very nice! I wonder, can you post an example of what you will use this brush for. Other than basic brushes used for 'drawing', I've never been quite sure how I should use them.
Thanks!

This is my monogram D and you can use it at your signature or to make paper etc

oniska
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM
I found this on a video tutorial it is on the second video at the end of the video

http://www.bhgscrapbooksetc.com/video/index.html?bcpid=...741&bctid=1078625480 (http://www.bhgscrapbooksetc.com/video/index.html?bcpid=824514741&bctid=1078625480)

crafty grandmommie
08-24-2007, 10:24 AM
I've never used brushes much either.

oniska
08-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I think if you can make a few brushes of your own you might use them more. If you think of some as stamp instead of brushes it might be easier I have found a few that I like but haven't played with them. I have dowloaded som custom shapes that I like. I found some disney ones that you could make coloring pages and print off. It is some of the easier stuff that I am having problems with. I have been trying to get the hang of making a shape like a rectangle and then cutting out three or more paperd the same size. on the same site as this monogram they show you this but i just can't make it happen

crafty grandmommie
08-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I have been trying to get the hang of making a shape like a rectangle and then cutting out three or more paperd the same size. on the same site as this monogram they show you this but i just can't make it happen

Explain this a little bit more for more. Not sure what you are trying to do, but maybe I can help if I know.

Where did you find the disney brushes?

It would be neat to make a brush with your own special logo, or like your monogram, so that you could sign your layouts with it each time you do one.

oniska
08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
lynn i will look it up. It was pretty easy to make that momogram. It is hard to explain about the paper cuting. What I am talking about is on the first video. the lady is making a lay out and she make a rectangle and she cuts three different papers with this same size rectangle. I do the steps but it doesn't work. If you like disney I have seen some sites with disney stuff on it.

crafty grandmommie
08-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Which video is it? I will look at it. Maybe that is what you are looking up.

oniska
08-24-2007, 01:28 PM
lynn I foud this sit for the disneyn shapes but I am nit sure it is the one I downloaded

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?searchf...search&Submit=Search (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?searchfield=disney&search_exchange=&num=25&startnum=1&event=search&Submit=Search)

this is the one with the videos

http://www.bhgscrapbooksetc.com/video/index.html?bcpid=...741&bctid=1078625480

crafty grandmommie
08-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Saw the video for making the monogram. How easy is that!

crafty grandmommie
08-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks, now to figure out how to use the shapes. lol

Caleb'sMom
08-25-2007, 06:16 PM
LOve it now do one for me.

crafty grandmommie
08-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Oniska, I was playing today and made a strawberry and then turned it into a brush, but when I would use it, it was not in color. What did I do wrong?

oniska
08-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Lynn brushes are in black and grey. You put the color in. I was play with a maple leaf today that came with the pse and i had two colors one in the foregroud and one back ground and when i stamped it it cames out the two colors.

crafty grandmommie
08-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Sorry, I'm still not understanding the brush thing. So, even if I design it in colors and then make a brush out of it, when I stamp it, it is going to be grayscale? I didn't understand what you meant about having 2 colors in background and foreground and it coming out in color.

Sorry, I'm confused. (So what's new?) lol

oniska
08-26-2007, 02:47 AM
When you stamp. it will come out the colr that you put in the pallete box in the bottom left hand corner.

illinimom
08-26-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm also still trying to figure out this bruxh thing. I've played with the settingm, but so far am seeing 'random' behavior, in that I can't duplicate my results consistantly.

But I'm still not understanding WHY I'd use a brush. My admittedly limited previous use has been to freehand 'paint' with, kinda like an artist with an easel. Is the use of the custom brushes to create backgrounds for a paper. Another option for creating pattern paper?

Sorry to be so slow.

crafty grandmommie
08-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Oh, OK - think I know what you mean now, but it will only be two colors? the background and foreground colors?

crafty grandmommie
08-26-2007, 08:07 AM
OK, I tried it and can only get it to come out whatever the foreground color is - thought your stamp was 2 colors.

And Illinimom, I'm with you, I have never really used brushes except for highlighting, etc., but I do think a lot of people use them for creating papers, etc. There's so much I don't know and a lot of things I know that I probably do the hard way, because I always just tried to figure out how to make it do what I wanted. The brushes, styles, shapes, etc., are the things I don't know much about.