PDA

View Full Version : calling PSE experts

sprout
05-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Is there a way to make a circle that looks like a stamped image? In this weeks card challenge there are stamped circles in the background with various borders. I don't have any stamps like that & was wondering if there was a way to do it in PSE.
TIA

Cass17
05-09-2009, 09:43 PM
what kind of circle are you looking for. I have a brush that I made that looks like a circle of dots. I can either email it to you or upload to 4shared.
If you want a pattern that's a circle then you might be able to use a patterned paper and use a circle mask to crop it into a circle.

Cass17
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
here's the circle brush that I made.

Cass17
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
and here's a patterned paper cropped to a circle with a circle mask

sprout
05-09-2009, 10:47 PM
You're talking to a real novice here. How do I get brushes? Put a pattern in a circle? Need tutorials. I played in MS Word & made do with that (just posted the card in this week's challenge/lift) but would still like to learn how to do this.

Cass17
05-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Okay, here's how to use brushes. There are brushes that already come with your photoshop. You select the brush tool (looks like a paint brush) and then at the top there is a bar that shows the size that you can pick and a pull down of different brushes. you can pick one and the size (it'll come up in whatever color you have selected so make sure you choose your color first) then stamp down on your photoshop project just like using a rubber stamp. Now one thing I think is really important is to start a new layer for each time you stamp down. This way you could change the size or move it around independent of everything else.
Now to load new brushes in to photoshop so you can download free ones and have more choices. You need to put the .abr files (brush files) into a specific folder on your computer. On mine I have to go to Program Files, Adobe, Photoshop Elements5.0 (use your version), presets, brushes and that's where I place the .abr files. Then in photoshop you'll have to Load the brush file into it. I'll have to go through that in PSE to make sure I tell you the right steps and I'll edit these directions for you.
Another tutorial - I'll show you how to make some simple ones.

sprout
05-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Told you I was a real novice at this. The brushes I can select aren't shapes but more like styles, ie impressionist. Am I looking in the wrong place? Wish someone was close & could just sit down & show me. :(
Did find the other brushes but still nothing that would do the circle without placing each dot & there's no way it would end up round. Aaaaghhh

Cass17
05-10-2009, 05:28 PM
maybe this link will help

http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Computer_Center/Digital_Scrapbooking/2048.php

laurat99
05-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm with you, Carol. PSE just intimidates the snot out of me. I do use the crop and red-eye reductions, but the rest of it, well, just sits there. Thanks for helping us, Cass.

Cass17
05-11-2009, 08:25 AM
I think it's very daunting when your first start, but once you start working with it and learning new techniques it becomes so much easier. Also, once you get a handle on how the layers work it becomes amazingly easier.
Maybe if there are enough people interested in learning we can do a step by step, how to create a basic layout here at a specific time and we can all go through it together.

scrappin_mom3
05-12-2009, 01:56 PM
that would be awesome Cass!!! Sounds like a wonderful idea--I'm in for it!! I need all the help I can get--I'm a visual learner!!

Cass17
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
I'll try to pull something together, but it's going to be a little while. All of a sudden I have a lot of things going on outside of scrapbooking that I have to get through in the next month.