PDA

View Full Version : Storing Nestabilities???

LuLu
04-23-2009, 10:42 AM
I just got my first set in the mail today! I'm dying to try them out. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to store these. Did you throw out the packaging or do store them in that? I would hate for these to get warped or bent because I stored them wrong.

QuesMom
04-23-2009, 11:25 AM
OK, this is how I store mine...

The cube is from Staples and the magnetic sheets are vent covers (a suggestion from Ms. Cyndi)...and the SU tab top punch...These are about 4.5 x 5.5 sized chipboard with the magnetic sheet cut and glued on with MonoMulti glue...

Some of mine are on the front and back...QK has some sets with solid and outline dies...

Cyndi
04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
I have mine in cd cases with magnetic vent cover cut to fit inside the case. And I keep a list of the name and numbers so that I don't order the same one. :)

LuLu
04-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Great ideas, thanks! I'm assuming I can get the vent covers at Home Depot?

Cyndi
04-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Great ideas, thanks! I'm assuming I can get the vent covers at Home Depot?

I would think so, I got mine at Lowes and some at Walmart. They were acutually (sp) cheaper at Lowes. Just check back where they sell the replacement vents. :)

jujuann
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
I've left mine in my pkg and stored them in a plastic shoe box.

QuesMom
04-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Yes, Home Depot has them...in the isle with the furnace filters...

sprout
04-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Had a sheet of magnetic "canvas" that I cut to a CD case & it works beautifully. Much easier to remove than from the tape on the packaging.

QuesMom
04-23-2009, 06:59 PM
I hate the tape that Spellbinders uses to hold them on!

kray
04-24-2009, 04:25 AM
I like the CD idea....I only have two so far.

Cali4niaGirl
04-24-2009, 01:36 PM
I only have one set, but I think I will go with the CD as well and keep it in the box with my CBug folders/plates/supplies.

ScrappySam
05-04-2009, 05:27 PM
I, too, have my in CD cases --- it works just fine

Cass17
05-09-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm getting my first set soon. I guess I'll try the CD case, too.

sprout
05-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I tried using the idea for my smaller CB dies, too. The magnent doesn't hold as well but since they are in the cd case it doesn't really matter. Just labled the spine edge with what dies are in it.

tlc3plus
05-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I put one set into a cd case and wasn't pleased with the case... it wanted to crack on me.... are there different kinds like heavier plastic cases or something?? This would be good for travel ... but I think I'm going to get a big sheet of magnetic and put them on the wall by my table.

Clarinda

QuesMom
05-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I have seen folks that have the magnet sheets on their walls and just hang them there...I didn't care for opening and closing the CD cases and fiddleing with them...the tab topped cards were easier for me...

PaperTrey Ink sells a heavier type of CD case for calendars and they are nice if you want something stronger....look here http://www.papertreyink.com/pack_cdcalendarcases.html

tlc3plus
05-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks I'll check out papertreyink....

I asked on the spellbinders blog and someone mentioned that you could get large magnet sheet free if you can find someone that prints a ball game schedule on them. Does anyone have one of these?? I would buy it!

I checked with our Lowe's and a local hardware store and neither one had some. Someone mentioned that you can get some for registers to block the air but no luck with them either.

Clarinda

QuesMom
05-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Clarinda, look by the A/C furnace filters, they come 3 in a pack and you can get alot out of the sheets!

ACE Hardware sells them too...

tlc3plus
05-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks... I'll look by the filters... if you only knew our staff here!:eek: I also have a store that used to be Ace... maybe they have some of that supplies left over. I'll check them out.

Clarinda

LuLu
05-24-2009, 05:31 PM
My DH couldn't find the magnet sheets when he was on an errand in Home Depot. He probably didn't look too hard. I was just using scrap magnet from my DD's picture package.

I had a hard time getting the scalloped squares into a case. I had to divide them into two different cases. Anyone else had this problem?

QuesMom
05-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Yes! Another reason I like my flat sheets in the little crate....

LoriS.
05-24-2009, 07:01 PM
large magnetic sheet should be available from a sign shop and if your looking to not hang a large sheet on a wall they might give away their small scraps.

Clarinda, you could hang a bulletin board up and use push pins to attach smaller magnetic sheets all over it.

tlc3plus
05-29-2009, 01:57 PM
The ACE Hardware store had the 3 pack ... I just butted them together ... When I got all my dies out they totally filled all three...lol. I love having them handy right above my desk... I'm sure I'll grab for them more often. I still want the new ones coming out so I guess I need to find me some more magnets! lol

Clarinda