PDA

View Full Version : Grandmother

javamom
06-03-2007, 10:23 AM
8x8 LO of my Mom holding my DD Rachel just after she was born.

My Mom passed away 15 years ago, and I was really missing her this Mother's Day- so as a tribute to her I did this LO on Mom's Day- LOVE YOU MOM!

Papers are DCWV, prima flowers (from a swap) and SIzzix lg. daisy, printing on vellum over patterned paper for the journaling, heat shaped pewter brad (from a swap). Sketch was from Page Maps.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/javamom_57/My%20Gallery/grandmother.jpg

Atty
06-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Christi I really like the colors you used. Usually you see the tans but those greys really are nice together and I like the way you journaled down the side and wow all that on a 8x8.
WTG

thecountryrose
06-03-2007, 10:45 AM
What a lovely tribute to your mom. I had tears in my eyes when you said, "Love you mom". I put that on some of my LO's of my Dad because I really do miss him a lot.

javamom
06-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Countryrose- I understand & it's good to know it's not just me. I go through bouts of missing both my Mom & Dad something fierce, and get on a crying jag. Usually Christmas is the worst, but it can hit anytime...

midnightangel
06-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Must tell you I LOVE this LO!!!
How awesome.
Christi, I think your Mom is very happy with the memory you have created for your DD's children. Now when you get your hands on you grandchild for the first time get a photo and do it the same. What a loving and wonderful memory. Thank you so much for sharing!!

javamom
06-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Awwwww, Tonya thanks! Mom was a really crafty lady and she would have adored scrapbooking! And scrapbookers too for that matter!

stackersmrs
06-03-2007, 02:31 PM
so nice.

Schloglett
06-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Beautiful LO and beautiful pic, what a wonderful way to honor your mom. Lisa

AVONCHICK
06-03-2007, 03:54 PM
What a sweet layout and what a great way to remember mom on mothers day. You did a super job christi. LOVE IT

javamom
06-04-2007, 04:31 AM
Thanks guys- I am going to try to find a nice pic of my Dad and do the same on Father's Day.

Might be the beginning of a new tradition for me.

nanamsc
06-04-2007, 06:17 AM
christi, what a beautiful lo. very classy. your dd is also going to treasure this.

mommaidwf
06-04-2007, 06:30 AM
Christi, very very nice! I love the three flowers on the side of the picture and how you made the title. Very cool!

javamom
06-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Mary- You are so right,Rachel has already laid claim to this LO!

Cindy- I can't take credit, I used a Page Map!

I am a littel not happy w/ the large flower and may replaace that with another or something else...

judyjay
06-04-2007, 04:45 PM
How sweet! Chrisi, I love it.

bitaglitz
06-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Wow! Javamom,

I had to look twice at your layout of your mom. She could pass for my mother, too!!!!!! except that she has a little more of a fuller jowl than mine. Hmmmm...are we related?? http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif It is avery precious layout. You did a nice job.

Judy

javamom
06-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Judy- that is amazing! And well, I am adopted so I don't look a thing like Mom, but maybe your Mom is a distant relative of hers! Her family came from Germany the name was Moser- unusual spelling most spell it Mosher.

Last Summer there was a car behind me at a stoplight and I seriously felt faint when I looked in the rearview mirror- the prople in the car behind me looked like my Mom & Dad- both have been gone for many years. It gave me quite a start!And of course I had a good cry.

sbartist
06-04-2007, 07:38 PM
How did I miss this beautiful layout. I am sure you scrapping this layout brought back wonderful memories of your dear mom.

Hugs to you.

socmagmom
06-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Such a beautiful LO and Rachel will cherish it, I'm sure.

Taffy
06-05-2007, 04:57 PM
beautiful l/os! Great job!!

bitaglitz
06-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Javamom,

I do have German heritage and cannot trace it because my great grand father was adopted and the records were destroyed. His last name was supposedly Combes. So, who knows? Maybe your adoptive mom is my mom's look-a-like by chance or they are actually related...we will never know!

But, I will tell you that your mom must have been a very wonderful mother by the way you have honored her with a beautiful layout and mentioning that you miss her. My mom would be her evil twin, I'm afraid. Sad, but that is life.

Judy

~Karen~
06-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Another great LO Christi! This is just super special and elegant!!

jujuann
06-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Christi, Beautiful LO and a wonderful tribute to your mother. MY mother has been gone for 8 years now and it is hard to believe it has been that long. She missed the birth of her first GGS by 5.5 months. She would have been so excited and full of love just as your mother. The love for your DD just radiates from the picture. I love the use of the greys also.

javamom
06-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Thanks everyone for the praise, I was sort of having second thoughts about the colors- but I let Mom's outfit and the room color lead me. I guess the more I look at it the better I like it...looks more tranquil than somber-I hope!

Judy- Combes doesn't ring a bell- interesting about the adoption way back then.Thanks so much for the kind words!

Judith- yes, time flies doesn't it?- even the sad parts. I guess it's what helps us get through. Thanks for the kind words also. In my heart I know your Mom was right there to welcome that new GGS!

Misty
06-07-2007, 05:39 AM
Beautiful Layout, very touching.

Misty