PDA

View Full Version : Did it again !

sprout
03-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I signed up for the 1/2 marathon again. :eek: Not going to let this thing beat me. Challenged my trainer at the base to do it with me & he is. That ought to be a hoot. He's this big buff guy with very long dredlocks that says he will have a time keeping up with me. At least this year I will have a full year of working with him * should be in better shape. DD's are going to do it, too, but we're all going to be in different groups. One wants to run & the other will just be a lot faster walking than I am. DGD's said 1 time was enough. LOL

Cyndi
03-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Well good for you and your DD's. That's is so great that your trying it again. :) :)

tlc3plus
03-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Way to go. I have a friend that is trying to talk me into doing this... can't wrap my mind around it yet! lol

Clarinda

sprout
03-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Which one is she trying to get you to do? I know there are ones all over the country all year long. Mine isn't until Jan. 2010 so will have plenty of time to train. I had 9 months last time but since it was my 1st time @ 62 that wasn't enough, at least for the condition I was in (lousy). If you have a friend that will train with you that will make it a lot easier. I have a hard time getting motivated to walk 5 miles by my self, much less the longer walks needed. Seriously think about it. It's a great way to get in shape.

momsisme
03-17-2009, 11:27 PM
good for you good luck

jujuann
03-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Carol, as this is your 2nd one you should be better trained after a year. If you keep this up, you are going to be in great shape for our age. Good luck.

Cass17
03-19-2009, 08:50 AM
wow! that's fantastic.

Cali4niaGirl
03-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Incredible! You go, girl!
I caught an episode of the Biggest Loser this week, and they were running 1/2 marathons as part of their competitions. My goodness, that definitely takes some good training and persistance! Those cramps didn't look like any fun at all, though.