PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo NY CKC Convention

kkondrick
03-14-2009, 11:40 AM
So who is planing on attending the Buffalo CKC convention? Maybe we could meet up. Its May 28-30. I can attend sat. but maybe I will take a day off work and attend Friday!

Who has already gone to some of these? What do you suggest as a strategy, lots of classes, 1 class and the vendors? Amount of money I should not take with me???

Advice is greatly appreciated!

Karen

jujuann
03-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I have attended the one in Charlotte, NC for the past 2 yrs. I have never taken the classes, because I'm never there for a long enough period of time. It is a good place to see new products in action before you buy. Be sure to do all the make and takes. That way you get to do hands on with some products you may not have.

kkondrick
03-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the advice. I am not sure how much time I can go.

Karen

Cass17
03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
I love going to the CKC's. What I usually do is volunteer for a 4 hour shift. That way the tickets to get in are free and you also get to hear and see classes for free even though sometimes you're doing to much passing supplies and helping to really absorb all that much. They aren't supposed to give and class kits out, but I have gotten some from the teachers. Also you get a $30 voucher to use at the CK booth. I've gotten some nice books that way.

I took 3 classes last year in addition to volunteering and they were fun, but because I did these all in one day it didn't leave me much time to shop around the vendor faire. I couldn't go back the next day due to a baby shower that I had to drive far for - no time to get back to CKC. This year I plan to volunteer and maybe take one class that day and then go back the next day (or stay overnight) and take more classes.