PDA

View Full Version : Question about storing stickers...

Iowa
03-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Can I ask you guys to post photos of how you store your stickers?... And explain how you sort them.... Do you sort by subject? Color? Type? Brand?...

I'm having problems devising a system for mine... the biggest problem is that there are so many different size packages... Currently, I have some in coupon type sorters... some hanging... and they're sorted by "okay", "cool", and "coolest".... It's not working. :rolleyes: LOL....

mommaidwf
03-10-2009, 08:22 AM
LOL. You don't need a picture to envision mine. They're all over a book case, and in some drawers. Nothing of mine is very organized at the moment.

sprout
03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
95% of mine are in Crop N Style's Paper/Sticker Binder. Not sure it's even around anymore. It's a 12x12 zippered binder with page inserts of various configurations so you can store from the 2x2 ones to full page ones. I never sorted by anything but size because of the system.

Cass17
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't really have many stickers. I have a few packs in a photo storage box on a shelf. I keep rubons in there, too. Anything new that I get that I'm hoping to try out I put in a basket on top of my computer table. This way I'll remember about it. I picked up some clearance Heidi Grace alpha stickers at Joann's the other day (came to 40 cents) and now there in my "new - to use soon" basket. If you look at the post where my new set up is, there's a yellow fabric basket with flowers on it. That's the one.

IrishMom
03-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Mine are sorted by the year - beginning with new years stuff on to valentines then st pats then spring etc -- I have the odd stuff birthday/weddings/ etc at the end - these are all in plastic sleves in a 3ring binder - some are full page sleves, some are baseball card sleves, and some are for photo albums (several slots on a page) the really big ones are in a folder. I have had them this way for years and it works great for me.

Gerry

Iowa
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
95% of mine are in Crop N Style's Paper/Sticker Binder. Not sure it's even around anymore. It's a 12x12 zippered binder with page inserts of various configurations so you can store from the 2x2 ones to full page ones. I never sorted by anything but size because of the system.

Awww.... geeze... My sister gave me this "thing" and I didn't know what it was for.... Suddenly, I think I know... is this what you're talking about?

I was actually thinking about using it for my chipboard letters and shapes...

QuesMom
03-10-2009, 03:56 PM
A Duh moment...It's a sticker book? Right?

Iowa
03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
A Duh moment...It's a sticker book? Right?

ROFL... a HUGE Duh moment!... :o

Oh, well... at least I know what its for now... She didn't say what it was for, she just gave it to me in a big box of stuff.

I'm not sure that I'll end up using it at all because its so big and cumbersome... who knows.

QuesMom
03-10-2009, 06:44 PM
DUH...is right, i had one and could not figure out what I was suppose to do with it so I gave it away...Oh well, I don't have any stickers either, so I guess I'm OK?

Iowa
03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Oh, well... at least now I know what it is....

I was doing some surfing online today and came across a Clip It Up.... Now those are COOL!!! :D But... I see 2 down sides... one is the PRICE... geeze. If I get the base and the top I'll have $100 tied up in the thing.... and I don't have a lot of counter or desktop space so I wouldn't have any place to set it...

Then I went looking for homemade ones and found LOTS of sites with instructions on how to make your own for around $20.... that solves the price issue. But it still doesn't give me a place to set it....

So.... I think I've come up with my own version. But I'm not tellin' till I get it all done. Ya'll are going to have to wait a day or two. :D

QuesMom
03-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Do you have a shelf above your craft table?

thin curtain rod hung upside down from the bottom of the shelf...you can buy the clips and hang all you stickers and goodies on that?

Iowa
03-10-2009, 08:10 PM
No shelf... no wall in front of my desk... I have my desk in the center of the room...

But I have an idea... been working on it. ;)

QuesMom
03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Kewl...

Iowa
03-10-2009, 08:19 PM
darn photo didn't load... lets try that again....

QuesMom
03-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Nice room....

jujuann
03-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Great set up, but where are your stickers? I have a basket and in the basket are about 8 of the 8 1/2 X 11 scrap keepers. In the scrap keepers are the stickers that I did not get rid of in my sale. They are sorted by subject, children, babies, floral, heritage, etc.

But the real simple answer is to get an electronic cutting system and make your own embellishments. I now use my Cricut more than stickers.

kray
03-11-2009, 02:46 AM
You do have a nice room. I don't buy stickers that much anymore unless it is a specific subject I need. I find that I don't use them as I become more into scrapping. The cricut is the way to go now.

I have that binder as well....I did put stickers in it....and put the binder on the side of the desk between the wall and another shelf....I find myself forgetting to check it out.

So...flower stickers I have w/ my flowers....sports stickers, I have in my storage for my sports page (I have a lot of sports pages to do)......stickers that will go in my son's albums are in his storage thing.

Iowa
03-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Thank you, ladies.

The room has changed some in the last few weeks... most of my stickers are in those plastic envelope things in a wicker basket. The ones that won't fit are hung under a wire shelf on the wall... and I'm constantly having to shift through them. There just has to be a better way to store them...

Part of the reason I tend to buy them ahead is because I live out away from the city. There isn't a scrap store in our small community, and the few stores we have that carry supplies have your "basics" only. So if I'm working on a project and need something I either have to wait, or drop what I'm doing and run to the city... which just isn't practical.

I like my room, but it's not the most functional... The more I scrap, the more I realize the things that I need to add/change... Here are some more recent pics... I just took these so you can see how things have changed ;)

I've added to my "inventory" of supplies and I'm trying to keep it all under control as I grow... LOL...

QuesMom
03-11-2009, 09:30 AM
I see....

kray
03-11-2009, 11:50 PM
For storage space....I would try the notebook type of thing...you can get the 8.5x11 size or the 12x12 size. Get the clear page savers that you can buy in the school section and can seam the pages to keep the stickers in place. Look at Iowa's post to see how the seams are. Then maybe get the page dividers from the school section and organize each topic. ie: flowers, borders, sports, etc.

This will be easy for you to flip through to see what you have. I also do this w/ my diecuts, brass stencils, etc. Saves up so much room.

If you need a photo, let me know....my camera was stolen and haven't gotten another yet, but I can take a photo w/ my cell phone.

texas native
03-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Iowa that shelve in front of the window . why couldn;t you put the clipit on the
end with the little white drawers the shelve looks long enough
Just a ideal since you said earlier that your didn't have anywhere to put one.
In the picture it looks like there is a enough space between the drawers and
the lamp. I really like your space .... I'm cry and green with envy over all of
you that have spaces ... I'm cramed in a corn no bigger that a postage stamp.
Ellen

Nicksnana
03-13-2009, 09:56 PM
I have mine in a crative memoires binder with insert for stickers. some in boxes and all over the place. I need to organize.

QuesMom
03-13-2009, 10:28 PM
OK...I am in trouble now...Went to the LSS and Mike's & JoAnn's and I now have rub ons and stickers...storage???? I think I will look at a little curtain rod and hooks this weekend...It could be mounted on the side of my cupboard...

Iowa
03-13-2009, 11:31 PM
NO!!!! Wait! LOL..... :D

I said in an earlier post that I had an idea for making my own Clip-It-Up that wouldn't take up any shelf space.... well, its not done, but I'll show it to you...

I made it from 2 old lamp shades I had laying around.... strip off the fabric, lightly sand to get the glue residue off.... wire them together... prime and paint... then I threaded an I-hook though with a washer and a nut above and below the center hole in the lampshade (see the close up)... hooked a clip fastener to that and added chain.... Viola'! :D

I'll be sure to post a pic when I get it all done and hung up...

Mine still needs the final coat of white paint... which is why I didn't want to show it to you yet! But....

It hangs from a simple, inexpensive plant hanger.... it can be mounted to the side of a bookcase, or on the wall....

And for the clips visit the jewelry department of your local craft store... I bought 25 jewelry clips for about $4....

Total, I have less than $10 invested.... I will need to buy more clips as I add things, but it will never add up to the cost of a clip-it-up, and it won't take up any precious space on a shelf or my desk....

I'm also working on plans for rearranging and adding to my scrap room... but I'm NOT tellin' the rest till its done! ;)

Iowa
03-13-2009, 11:33 PM
I have mine in a crative memoires binder with insert for stickers. some in boxes and all over the place. I need to organize.

The binder just doesn't work for me... If I can't see and get to my "stuff", I forget to look for it... Lame, but true....

Iowa
03-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Iowa that shelve in front of the window . why couldn;t you put the clipit on the
end with the little white drawers the shelve looks long enough
Just a ideal since you said earlier that your didn't have anywhere to put one.
In the picture it looks like there is a enough space between the drawers and
the lamp. I really like your space .... I'm cry and green with envy over all of
you that have spaces ... I'm cramed in a corn no bigger that a postage stamp.
Ellen

I could... but I hate blocking the window... I open and close it a lot during the spring/summer/fall... and I love the view of my garden (my first love)...

Thank you. I love my little room... its really very small, and it has multiple functions... but I am SO grateful to have it all to myself... its also in the back of the house, across from the master bedroom so if I don't feel like cleaning up I can just shut the door and walk away. LOL...

We only have one teen left at home, so we currently have 3 spare bedrooms I could choose from.... but one is set up for my step-sons' and I thought it was important to keep it for them.... the other is my son's room but he lives across town with his father and is old enough that he doesn't stay the night with us often (sports, job, friends, etc.)... that left my little room and I'm just happy as a clam! ;)

kray
03-16-2009, 02:36 AM
What a wonderful idea w/ the lamp shade....I would never have thought of that.

We definitely learn from each other!

Iowa
03-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks, Kray - I got the basic idea from someone else... I found the instructions on another site for one that would sit on a shelf or table, like the "original". But I wanted mine to hang, so with a little adjustment this is what I ended up with...

LoriS.
03-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Your making some excellent progress.
For those of you that are looking at a homemade clip it up, I did one at the old house by screwing screw eyes into a bottom of a shelf, threading binder clips onto a wire and threading and twisting the wire through the screw eyes. You can't let it span more than three feet without having a screw eye to support or it will sag. But it was cheap. :)

Iowa
03-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Lori - I debated using the one mounted under the shelf... I liked the way those looked, too... I found one where the gal had used the large paper clips with one of those tiny clothes pins threaded on each one... it was pretty cute, too...

I bought the clips for mine... but they weren't expensive. I did have to do some searching to find them, though... they are Darice brand Jewelry clips, like the ones they use on employee/id badges... But they're just the right size, and about half the price of the clip-it-up brand....

OH! And I ordered myself a desktop carousel last night... they're a little pricey, but I think it will pay for itself in convenience...

gluemore girl
03-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Looks like you are making great progress.
As for my stickers... I have them in craft keeper envies (12x12) labeled by subject
Winter Christmas Letters Girls Boys etc... Summer and Vacation go together (for us), etc. These all sit nicely in an old bowling ball basket. I'll see if I can find a pic.

gluemore girl
03-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Here's the picture... the envies used to be in a cropper hopper cart but that has a different purpose now. But you get the idea.

Cyndi
03-17-2009, 07:32 AM
??? Do you store your rub-on with the stickers also. I have , well the few that I have in a seperate like photo box. Alway worrying about them getting messed up and then I forget to pull them out and use. :)

Iowa
03-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks, GG! Oh, that's cool! I like that you can flip through them and see what you've got... that's what I need! LOL...

Its helpful to see how other people organize... Especially when you have all this stuff to keep track of. I'm one of those people that just can't be creative if I'm sitting in the middle of a mess and have to stop and hunt for what I need.

QuesMom
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM
I love your lamp shade hanger Iowa...but I am going to use a thin towel bar I found on the side of my 6' cabinet...I have no place to hang anything from the ceiling...

I will hang stickers on the left and rub ons on the right...will see how this works...

tlc3plus
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
So creative! Love the new hanger.

Well I'm going to be moving my stuff into a new bigger room..(dd is getting married!) So I'm watching this thread. I think I like the way the desk is arranged! I have noticed lately that I keep my most recent lo's laying on my desk so I can show who ever comes over...lol. So in my new room I'm going to get me some office cork strips so I can hang lo's from for inspiration and to look at for a while.

I have all my alphas in a 3 ring binder and in separate page protectors... so when I want alphas I flip through. Now picture stickers I have a file... I also have all my 3-d sticker stuff in there according to category. Camping, disney, cooking, flowers, etc. Now I have a few categories that I know what I'm going to scrap and have bought a lot... football, cheerleading, school, chirstmas, baby, sweetheart these are in 12x12 rubber maid storage... I have everything in here and paper to go with that subject. I pull a drawer and pictures and I'm ready to crop.

I'm liking everything in one spot for quick assembly. I got 6 lo's done last week at my thursday night crop! Finished up details this morning. I'm going to asssemble more page kits so when I have a few minutes I can grab one and get something accomplished with out too much thinking... Thinking is my time consumer. lol

Clarinda

QuesMom
03-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Great ideas Clarinda! Thanks for sharing them!

Iowa
03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
I love the idea of keeping project boxes all ready to go... that's a great idea! It would sure make it easier for me, too... I'm like you and spend SO much time planning out my pages... It takes me twice as long to plan as it does to actually put the page together. LOL...

I'm also struggling with my alphas... I have a lot of the chipboard ones, in different styles, some already done, and some plain ones so I can customize them to my pages... presently I have them in glass jars on a shelf. It seems to be working okay for now... Eventually I'll have to come up with a better system.

I've seen the sorter bins with alphas sorted by letter... but if I want to use all one style, I'd have to sift through all the drawers to try to find matching ones... that seems like a hassle....

LoriS.
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
That was always my thinking about sorting alphas by letter. I have a friend that has the carosel you got and loves it. I've contemplating getting it with a 50% coupon from Mike's but I just don't think I have the desk space to devote to it. I know that sounds funny since I have a 10 ft counter top and that island but the counter doubles as a sewing counter and the island as a pattern cutting table. I'm trying to stay away from things I have to move out of the way to switch from sewing to papercrafting. :) One thing I will share that I've been contemplating, is taking a digital pic of supplies and putting them all in an inspiration folder on the computer. That way when I feel like browsing for inspiration I can do it through my own supplies without having to actually dig through everything. Does this sound like a nutty idea?

QuesMom
03-17-2009, 10:02 PM
No Lori!...sounds like something I would do...maybe OCD...LOL Love the idea...cyber shop in my own room!...8]

Iowa
03-17-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm holding my breath waiting for my carousel to come! According to FedEx, I should have it tomorrow! :D I've been drooling over them since I saw one... I finally just borke down and bought one... full price and all! LOL....

I don't think I'd be good at keeping the photo files up to date... I'd use something, forget to delete the pic, then spend an hour looking for it before I remembered... I can just see me doing just that. LOL...

My sister say's I'm "too organized".... I'm not OCD... just organized. I never have figured out how she finds anything in her "stash"... her paper is well organized but everything else is just a jumble. Its distracting to me.

gluemore girl
03-18-2009, 06:38 AM
??? Do you store your rub-on with the stickers also. I have , well the few that I have in a seperate like photo box. Alway worrying about them getting messed up and then I forget to pull them out and use. :)

Cyndi
I do keep rub ons w/the stickers but they are self contained in the original packing to protect them from the other sheets. I don't have a ton of them though.
Maria

Cyndi
03-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Cyndi
I do keep rub ons w/the stickers but they are self contained in the original packing to protect them from the other sheets. I don't have a ton of them though.
Maria

Thanks, I need to put the few that I have somewhere so that I pull them out to use. But if they are not handy where I see them all the time I forget about them. :eek: Other than around my neck I'm not sure where to put them. :D

Iowa
03-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks, I need to put the few that I have somewhere so that I pull them out to use. But if they are not handy where I see them all the time I forget about them. :eek: Other than around my neck I'm not sure where to put them. :D

That seems to be my problem... if I can't see it, I forget to use it... I'm hoping my clip-it-up will help solve that problem...

I'm still struggling with my alphas... I'm thinking of a 2-part system... I've already learned that I buy a set of alphas for a project... use part of them and end up with "left-overs" that don't have enough of the "right" letters left for the next project... so I go buy more! that leaves me with full sets, and some odds and ends from other sets...

I think I'm going to go ahead and use the bin system for the odds and ends of sets... that way maybe I'll be more likely to alter them and use them on another project... but I haven't decided on the new sets... I'm thinking about baskets or bins...

QuesMom
03-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Maybe this is why until 2 weeks ago, I never bought any stickers or rub ons, too much work just trying to keep them straight and remember to use them! LOL

texas native
03-18-2009, 10:27 AM
OMG ... reading all of the don't see don't use and trying to figure out how to org. it........ It like I'm reading a story about myself .....lol I don't know exactly what ya'll are saying ... meaning I'm in the same boast as ya'll ... lol.
but the sad part about me is that I can't org. in my tiny corner and I've got to much
stuff for that tiny corner.
Ellen

Iowa
03-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Karen - Welcome to the mess the rest of us are in! :D

Texas - if you have a tiny space, you NEED to be organized all the more... afterall, you only have so much space to "spread out" in! LOL... ;)

As for me, if I don't keep myself organized, my "inner-slob" (kind of like an inner-child, only not so good) comes out... and that ain't pretty. LOL...

tracyf80
03-18-2009, 12:58 PM
hey Iowa, at archivers in des moines they have pages to add to the book. i just bought 2 large 12x12 books and bought the pages and made my own book. It was much cheaper that way plus you get the pages you need instead of the ones that come with the book

tlc3plus
03-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I so agree about the smaller the place the more it needs to be organized according to what I've heard! lol Don't ask me how to do it though! I've waited till my kids moved out and took over their room so I can spread out! lol

I'm also one who needs to see to use. That is why categories with stuff help me when I pull it out everything is there to see ... or I pull the folder out with the 3-d stuff and it's all there to see. this is also why I use the bin or drawer storage... I also don't like the clutter ( but I have so much of it...trying to get rid of it!) Ya know I'm not a neat person so I really don't think there is much help. I keep remembering when my house was a cluttered mess ...I moved into a bigger house and it was spread out so it didn't look as bad! lol A bigger scrap room should help the clutter right!??

Tracy...I'm trying to picture the book your talking about?? Is it like the stamp one earlier posted??

Clarinda

Iowa
03-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Tracy - Thank you. I'm planning a "shopping trip" for this weekend and Archivers is a must! LOL... I love that store... Also planning to go to the one in Valley Junction... its another one I visit every chance I get. LOL... I'll check out the pages and see what they have.

Clarinda - I wish I could take over a bigger space... but this is it for now. I'm lucky that I can customize it at least to some extent... I could move the whole thing down to the basement... but I know I wouldn't like it and I'd end up dragging everything up and down the stairs.... our basement is only semi-finished and nothing fancy. I have a craft room down there for sculpting (don't want to make a mess of the carpet up here) but I don't sculpt as much as I'd really like to because the basement just doesn't inspire me to be creative...

Iowa
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
:D :D :D
Pictures to share!

This is my home made version of the clip-it-up.... mine hangs from a plant hanger mounted to the wall... keeps my future desk top clear....

Iowa
03-18-2009, 08:47 PM
And.... as long as I'm posting pics.... I have to show you my new carousel (just came today)... I saved so much on my clip-it-up by making my own, I decided the carousel was worth the price...

QuesMom
03-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Very cute Iowa! You did a great job on this...I love desk top organizers...I have a kitchen utensil one from Wal-Mart I use...

Cyndi
03-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Your getting your room into shape pretty quick, it looks great. :)

texas native
03-19-2009, 11:23 AM
OH My I just threw one of those plant hangers out the other day , Maybe I need to look and see it the trash has pit it up yet .....lol That is a good ideal you could hang anything from it.
Ellen

tracyf80
03-19-2009, 12:53 PM
what store is in valley junction?

LoriS.
03-19-2009, 03:51 PM
I have an idea for a cheap carousel if anyone has the desk room. Glass canning jars or altered tin cans on a lazy susan.

Karen, a bit scary about your self-admitted ocd and you like my digital file idea lol. I think I will eventually have to do this because I have so much that I don't remember what I have and if I had it all out on view it'd look like an Archivers only messier.

an ROFL on the "inner slob" I will have to remember that, I think the entire family is spending entirely too much time letting their "inner slob" out!

QuesMom
03-19-2009, 05:05 PM
LOL Too funny Lori...I am a very self-admitted OCD with SPS...Have been all my life! Everything in my craft room has a place in Alphabetical order and if I do not put it back that way, sometimes I can not even go to sleep at night!

I can leave things out on my desk or a paper keeper or two sitting on the floor, but that's about my limit...

I am using a small crate right now until I figure out if I want to hang the bar I got or do some else with them...

Iowa
03-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks everyone...

Karen - I started with one of those wire caddies coated with plastic (from the dollar store)... it works but doesn't hold much... and honestly, I just WANTED the carousel SOOoooo bad! LOL....

And I understand completely about having to have things just so... I struggled of YEARS with thinking that if you couldn't eat off the floors that my house wasn't clean enough... I'm serious... I was awful. Then one day I realized my kids were growing up with a clean freak for a mother who didn't take enough time to play with them... And POOF! I found and embraced my messy side! ;)

Ellen - Run! Retrieve that plant hanger! :D

Tracy - Heirlooms by Design... its pretty nice. Not as cool as Archivers... but lets face it, Archivers is pretty well in a class of their own. LOL...

Lori - Oh, believe me, I wasn't kidding about the whole inner-slob thing... you should see my house right now.... we're in the process of redoing the bathroom AND getting my scrap room together... there are cans of paint and paint supplies... and shelves half painted... and all the hardware and tools for both projects... and its piled all over the eating area of my poor dirty kitchen! LOL...

Good thing its going to rain this weekend... it will keep me inside getting these rooms done! By Sunday night you'll never know any of it was there....

QuesMom
03-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Iowa...at the ripe old age of almost 61, I doubt that my OCD and SPS will change...My son was raised with, he is OCD and now my Grandson is about as bad...

Hubby loves it, knew my habits long before he married me and never says a word about it! Now, my family and his are a different story, they hate to walk in my house for fear they will bring dust or dirt! LOL

I may never have as many stickers or rub ons as you all do, so for now, my little crate will have to do...

Iowa
03-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Iowa...at the ripe old age of almost 61, I doubt that my OCD and SPS will change...

Well.... you can always come and stay with me for a week or so... I have a really nice guest room and I'll be sure you know where to find the vaccum! ;) LOL...

Seriously, though... I don't have all that many stickers/rub ons... most of the ones I have I bought to go with papers I have for projects... and as soon as I can get my darn room together I'll be a mad scapper! LOL...

I plan to get a few project boxes... I really love that idea. But by and large, the room is almost done. I've been painting the shelves, and Kev has my desktop in the garage. I want to get it all finished and put together this weekend... The bathroom, too.

tracyf80
03-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I may have to go check them out

LoriS.
03-21-2009, 05:24 PM
I agree I need Karen to come visit me for a couple of weeks, I'll even cook!

QuesMom
03-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Hot dang! Looks like my vacation is getting planned! LOL

Iowa
03-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Karen - Yeppers! Will you be driving in, or should I plan to pick you up at the airport? :D

But I promise to be nice and let you use anything in my new scrap room, too... Its almost done... Just a few more things to do and I'll have it finished.

Here's a hint... it includes a piece of glass that's 28" wide and 6' long... and no, I didn't have new windows put in! LOL....

LoriS.
03-22-2009, 10:23 AM
wowzers you got a piece of tempered glass for a work surface!

QuesMom
03-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Sure did...It is just a tad bit more than safety glass, but I can use heat on it and I tend to drop things, so it is safer for me...I have had it for about 12 years now...

tlc3plus
03-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Ok... I'm next to host someone to organize my space! If it's cooking that get ya here! I'll cook! lol

Ok sticker storage. I've had mine in files like I said but I have a tendency to forget to pull the box...here lately I pull it every time to see what I have. But this weekend I bought a 5 ft spinner rack with 4 panels that spin so you can hang on both sides for $5.00... I'm going to get my stickers out and in sight!

I'll post a photo... I'll have to see if I can from work... it's not working at home. I'll have to fuss about getting my computer hooked up right! lol

Clarinda

QuesMom
03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Great deal Clarinda! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Man, I am going to have one heck of a vacation! I had better get my broom out of the closet and sent it out for service! LOL

Iowa
03-23-2009, 06:30 PM
LOL... Poor Karen... We're gonna' work the poor girl to death. ;)

I love my home made clip it up... it works great!!! I'm just tickled with my new space. And I got the final "piece" delivered this afternoon via UPS.... But its a SECRET!!! LOL... No, its not.

I'll post some pics of the whole thing a little later. Right now I need to get off my bum and go to the grocery store.... ICK!!! LOL... the cupboards are bare and all I want to do is SCRAP!!! :eek:

blondiesbf
03-31-2009, 01:24 PM
I love the idea for the homemade clip-it-up! I might even just use a thin tension rod. However, I'm far from having the guest room/computer room/my scrap room organized! The picture provided has given me some great ideas and inspiration.

If anyone else lusts after one of those carousels, here is an idea:
I work at Archiver's part-time and know some of those come in slightly damaged. Why not ask, if you have an Archiver's near you, if they have any of the damaged ones in the back and if they would sell it to you at a good discount? I actually don't know if they would since I never asked and I'm currently at my full-time job! But, you don't know until you ask, right? (if you have noticed from my few posts here and there, I'm all about saving money and doing things on the cheap!) I am fortunate to own a slightly damaged carousel by virtue of an employee mania. Good stuff. Sad but true, I don't use it yet....for lack of organization, as stated above. Sigh. One of these days.....

naynaymusick
04-12-2009, 09:27 PM
sheila that is great! I have 2 stores pretty far but I usually spend the day there! I store my stickers in a binder in protector pages by colors for alphies, holidays are seperated and flowers or animal ones in another. Lots of great ideas on here. I am excited about trying some of them out. I just moved my scrap stuff into a large room down stairs and will finally feel organized. My old scrap room is now just for sewing! Also, another storage tip is go to yard sales and find jewerly boxes, spice racks (these are great for brads,eyelets or prima flowers. Jewerly boxes for storage of pens, markers, paperclips, etc.
yea me