PDA

View Full Version : Cardstock Challenge

ziggyeor
06-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Hello,

I got an e0mail from a store about a cool challenge. Only problem is you have to use products from their store and I'm still in a buying freeze http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

The Challenge was to create an LO from cardstock and NO patterend paper. You can embelish with ribbons, buttons, etc but no PP used on the LO. Anyone up for this challenge?

Ziggy

Atty
06-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Sure I'll give it a try. Any certain amount of photo's or just our choice?

mommaidwf
06-03-2007, 09:57 AM
That should be pretty easy considering you can buy patterned cardstock.

Atty
06-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Cindy It said NO patterned paper. So I took it as no patterned paper period.

Here's my LO. This is my youngest dgs not that don't you all know that! LOL and my son.

This was fun Zig, thatnk for the push on an extra challenge and I did one more page. woo hoo.

Cass17
06-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Does it have to be a new layout...I have some done with only cardstock and embellishments?

I don't think patterned cardstock would count - it's still patterened.

How about all cardstock and no other embellishments unless they were made from cardstock?

Atty
06-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Yikes Cass, now that'a a challenge? But it just gave me some ideas. Thanks

thecountryrose
06-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Atty- that is really nice. I just love all the pages you do of your DGC in their cowboy hats and their boots.

luvscraping
06-03-2007, 10:50 AM
wonderful job Atty, and Ziggy it sounds like fun, might what to do this when the kids are visiting family over the summer.

ziggyeor
06-03-2007, 02:15 PM
go ahead and post what you've all ready done to inspire the rest.

Hmm I don't know about the patterend cardstock. I was thinking the same thing. They did mention Bazzil Bling if you wanted to kick it up or I was thinking with Bazill it takes bleach very well and comes up with some intersting colors. The cheep stuff doesn't

Ziggy

Atty
06-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Thank you ladies. I agree he is a cutie to scrap, just wish he was closer..could really spoil him rotten. http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jujuann
06-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I would spoil him too!! He is a cutie and your LO is great. Love the colors and embellies.

Atty
06-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks Judith
Donna

mommaidwf
06-04-2007, 08:40 AM
cute layout Donna!

Cass17
06-04-2007, 10:22 AM
He is a cutie, Donna!

Cass17
06-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Okay, here are two I did a while ago. Please keep in mind that I was a very new scrapbooker back then. One was a challenge for a no photo page and the other I was experimenting with dry embossing and making distressed flowers. The other 3 I have done without patterned paper I've posted on the topscrapbooker site and you are probably sick of looking at those so I won't post them here (although they are better than these, I think)

Cass17
06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Here's the photo-less layout. It's supposed to be a play on the book "Guess How Much I love You". I'll have to add in what the journaling says so you understand the layout.

Atty
06-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Cass I really like the first one, great if you were a beginner. The second you'll have to explain more don't get that one...other than like the title.
Donna

ziggyeor
06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
ohh I've got the same templated as you on the Fiskars embossing! I was wondering what that border would look like but I don't have much to use that with.

Ziggy

Cass17
06-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I don't have much use for that border really either anymore. I bought a lot of stuff when I started scrapbooking that I wish I hadn't. I guess it's all part of the learning process.

Okay, I guess I need to explain the Guess How Much I Love You layout. You kind of have to know the book, but here's the journaling

Sophia,
We used to read the book “Guess How Much I Love You” all the time. It’s about a bunny and is father trying to outdo each other by using distance (as a measure) to show how much they loved each other. I never really knew if you understood the concept of the book until one day when you weren’t too happy about my disciplining you. You said to Daddy “Daddy, I love you all the way up to the moon” (A quote from the book) and then you came over to me and said “Mommy, I only love you up to the roof”. That really made me laugh. You did get it. You were just four years old then and now you are almost six. Now you tell me quite often “Mommy, I love you all the way to outer space.” Well guess what Sophie? I love you all the way to outer space – and back!

At the end of the book the Bunny tells the father that he loves him up to the moon and after the bunny falls asleep the father says I love you all the way up to the moon - and back.

Atty
06-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Awwwww that's so sweet, have a tear. That's a great memory for her to have. TFS. May just have to find that book.
Donna

thecountryrose
06-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh Cass, I love the page of Sophie! What an old lace/heritage feel it has- just so pretty. The other page is very special for your DD and will be such a wonderful keepsake for her.

Bardie
06-04-2007, 10:08 PM
What great layouts I love them.

luvscraping
06-05-2007, 06:24 AM
luv your LO Cass, and that no photo page, I don't know how old that book is but I have told my DD that since she was born in `96, and now with my DS, now we go from the moon to pluto and always back, and when there are no planets left we end it with luv u in a circle becauce the circle is never ending.

Thank you for giving me this idea going to have to put that on one of their pages.

jujuann
06-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Cass, absolutely love the LO of Sophie. What a living doll! The old world look of the LO gives it a timeless look. The photo-less LO has such a sweet message and a great memory for your DD. Great work.

Cass17
06-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

Taffy
06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Great l/o challenge! http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I must try this!! http://forum.startascrapbook.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Heather S
06-23-2007, 06:46 AM
I have alot of no pattern paper pages in my Niagara Falls book, I need to get busy and finish it though, it's only half done and I went in March. Here is my favorite one so far.

Dianacraftstoo
06-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Heather, I do too love this one. You did a great job on it.

Diana

luvscraping
07-02-2007, 07:31 AM
beautiful job Heather, really like that photo

TFS