PDA

View Full Version : Boy Puberty

mommaidwf
02-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Ok ladies. So the other night, my son, almost 12, comes in my room after his shower and proudly announces that he has his first "man hair". I asked where. He said I didn't want to know. So, now I know NOT to ask that question again, lol. But, what tips do you ladies have for me who have been through this before?

QuesMom
02-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Well, 2 brothers and a son later, all I can say is hang on lady, you're in for a ride!

You are off to a great start, if he came and said this to you at 12...you have a very open line of communication...keep it going and you will be in great shape!

Iowa
02-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Just grin and bare it... its only the beginning! LOL... Good luck! ;)

Tonitoo
02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Be very honored that he chose to tell you. i have 2 boys, I never had any idea what the heck the oldest one was going threw, I just noticed a mood & attitude change in him..he's now 30 & still very closed mouthed. Son #2 was the total opposite, he tells me everything about his private life even at 28...even some things that I don't want to know...lol. As I've had both scenarios I say that it's great that he's being so open and honest with you,enjoy it because it's rare with boys.

Toni

Cass17
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Okay so this is what I ave to look forward to in 7 years. I thought that question was okay - it could have been a chest hair or a beard hair, too.

I'm wondering what it's going to be like when DD goes through it. I think I dread that more.

mommaidwf
02-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Well Cassie, I'll make ya a deal, lol. I'll let you know how it goes with the boy. You let me know how it goes with a girll. My daughter is still 6 so we have a bit of time, lol. But since I am a girl, I tend to think maybe it will be easier because I'll know how she's feeling about it. With my son though, I have no idea. Hopefully he will continue to be able to talk to me whenever something is going on in his life.

Cass17
02-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Okay...deal!

LoriS.
02-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh I'm glad I spotted this thread maybe you and I can stumble through together. For the rest of you that don't know Cindy and I have an almost clone setup lol. My son is almost 13 and my daughter is almost 6. Cindy it's really funny you should bring this up when I was just talking to my girlfriend yesterday (who hasn't seen Lucas in quite a while) she was shocked when I told her he is now taller than his Dad who is 5'10 and has a bigger foot than both his Dad and Step-Dad. His foot is a size 14!! but all that aside what totally blew me out of the water was the other night when he stretched his arms above his head and his jeans had slid down a bit and he had that trail of hair on his lower abdomen that a lot of men get. I gasped, I couldn't help myself, I covered nicely when he immediately demanded "Mom are you OKAY?!" but darn I was totally unprepared for that. Talk about smack in your face that your baby is going to be a MAN! Now my hubby of course also being an early maturer thought my reaction immensly amusing :) Then the very next day I'm sitting next to him at breakfast and I notice that the "sideburns" that he just got cut off with a hair cut a few days ago are stubbly! and he has a blonde mustache, so while my once again laughing hubby announced he needed an electric razor I said I absolutely refuse to get him one before his 13th birthday, so I have until March 19th to pretend that this isn't happening and then I guess I get to suck it up and face the facts....which are, it's going to get harder and harder to lie about my age :D

mommaidwf
02-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Lori, you are too funny! You're going to have to help me through this because I am so not ready!

LoriS.
02-26-2009, 09:20 AM
glad I could make you laugh, I came back to the post to tell you that yesterday my big honkin' kid was crying and throwing a fit that could rival any toddlers! and the neighbors overheard! Only massive amounts of embarrassment kept me from yelling over to them "he's really only three but has an overactive pituitary gland!" geez this whole process might require a daily dose of adult refreshments (for me of course not him)

Aussiegirl
02-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh you girls are scaring me!!! My son is 13 in June, and seems to be too little to be heading into the manhood department. No moustaches happening yet in this part of the world!!!! He is a bit horrified though that his sister (who is 3 years younger than him) is the same height - we keep telling him he will grow one day (his dad is 6ft 6 so there is hope yet!). My daughter, on the other hand, is 9 going on 16 - I am not looking forward to the puberty years there!! At least ladies, we can share and laugh (or cry, scream, pull our hair out) together!

mommaidwf
02-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Oh Kerri, you are so right! We will definitely have to make a little "club" or something, lol. I am totally terrified of boy puberty! It's a good thing we've got friends here who have been there done that!

Aussiegirl
02-28-2009, 05:52 AM
LOL! We just better not let our sons see this forum - they might be a bit mortified.

Staysea
02-28-2009, 07:46 PM
My son is 12 and he is driving me nuts... He does have some man hairs, he also has a little mustash coming in. I waxed his upper lip.

I guess my biggest grip his how I have to gripe at him to keep clean..

LoriS.
03-03-2009, 12:31 PM
rofl Stacy! Waxed his lip, I'm wetting my pants :) My son is helping me move pavers and whining like he physically can't handle the work. He asks me why he's doing so much of the heavy work, I told him I'm fat, I'm 40 and I have diabetes. He didn't think it was as funny as I did :D

burnz4
03-04-2009, 12:31 AM
My son is 11 going on 18 or so he thinks. He is driving me nuts!!!!

gluemore girl
05-16-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm joining your club ladies (a little late I know) but I've the 14yo girl and 12yo boy...
hormones are flying all over this house!!!