PDA

View Full Version : Unique Valentines Gift

Staysea
02-10-2009, 11:14 AM
So I was looking on Etsy for handmade easter dresses for Calie.. When I came across felt fortune cookies. I thought that is so easy I can't believe folks are paying that much for those. These would make a cute favors for a baby shower, wedding shower or birthday party. You could make a big one and fill with travel sized items for a college student. You could layer some twoll over some felt and put some fake pedals or other items in between for all kinds of other gifts the options are endless. If you do something with this you better post.

Staysea
02-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Materials needed.
Sharp Scissors
Glue Gun
Pipe Cleaner
Felt (for Valentines day use pink, red, & purple) I used all red because Zach doesn't want anything pink or purple.
Take out Box (optional I purchased this one from Micheal's)
I purchased some basket shred in red to fill my box.

Total cost to make 8 cookies. $4 (including box, and shred)

1. Cut a 4 1/2-inch-diameter circle from a piece of felt. Cut a piece of matching pipe cleaner slightly shorter than 4 1/2 inches.
2. Using your glue gun, affix the pipe cleaner to the middle of the felt circle. Let dry .
3. Fold the felt circle in half, using the wire as a guide, so ribbon is inside cookie. Next, angle the sides toward each other, bending the wire at its halfway point and forming a fortune-cookie shape, as shown
4. Assemble the fortune cookies. Carefully peel back one flap of the felt cookie, and insert a paper fortune and a few candies. Fold the flap back over to close cookie around contents.

Staysea
02-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Here is a circle pattern if you need one.

Cyndi
02-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Very cute idea, thanks for sharing. :)

QuesMom
02-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Way kewl...I would have never thought of using felt...I had only seen them in paper!

ericalauren13
02-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Cute idea! I love it! Gonna have to try it.

jujuann
02-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Darling idea. When my DGS begins school next year, I'll probably be making things for his class at holidays. I'm going to remember all the things you ladies are doing for the kids and lift many of them.

tracyf80
02-13-2009, 07:33 PM
I just bought a 3in circle punch today to make those. I found a link somewhere on the web and I am making them for my reception. The papers in them are going to say mine and my fiancees names and out wedding date.

Staysea
02-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Tracy, I think this will be cute for a wedding. you could really dress it up.