PDA

View Full Version : interesting*homemade mayonnaise

ericalauren13
01-31-2009, 06:35 PM
This is pretty cool. Haven't tried it, but for all you that like making homemade things...Here you go!

1 egg
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup olive oil
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

in a food processor or blender, blend the egg and lemon juice for 10 seconds. With the processor running, slowly pour in the oil through the feed tube. Mixture should thicken. Add the pepper and salt and pulse once or twice to blend. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using. ***Best if used within 24 hours.

QuesMom
01-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Basicly, mayonnaise is oil, eggs and lemon juice or viniger...This will work and you will have fun making it...

Cher56
03-02-2009, 06:27 AM
I love homemade mayo and use to make my own all the time. I haven't made any in yrs though.

Cass17
03-02-2009, 07:34 AM
I would have never thought of making my own mayo. I like Hellman's light the best. I wonder how this compares to it. This is a good recipe to have on hand if you run out of mayo. and you need it for a recipe.

tlc3plus
03-02-2009, 11:52 AM
LOL... Cass when I read your note... I'm one pounding on the store door in the middle of the night wanting.... Miracle Whip! lol

I will buy no brand most things ... except Miracle Whip, peanut butter - Jiff or peter pan, and Tide!

Clarinda