PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Appitizers.

Staysea
01-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi all I am posting my super bowl appitizers. I am even breaking my rule and shareing my TOP SECRET Salsa Recipe.

Stacy’s Famous hot sauce.
· 2 Cans of whole tomatoes
· Lime
· Lemon
· Half of a Purple Onion
· Half of a White Onion
· 1 clove of Garlic
· 1 tablespoon of Chili Powder
· 1 jalapeño (more to taste, if you don’t like it too hot then take the seeds out of the jalapeno)
· Cilantro (the top of the stock)
· Sea Salt (just a dash or 2 it is better to do a small amount and then more later)

1. Drain the cans of Tomatoes. Make sure to drain as best as you can.
2. In a food processer add both onions, garlic, jalapeno, and cilantro and get as chopped as you can.
3. Then add Chili powder, Sea Salt, fresh squeezed lemon & lime, and Drained Tomatoes. To the food processor with already chopped ingredients form #2. And in short bursts MIX. Try not to puree.
SERVE with chips and enjoy. I am requested to bring my hot sauce to every event I attend.
I have perfeted this recipe over MANY years. As a Texas person promise it is better to use canned tomatoes.

Staysea
01-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Stuffed Jalapeños.
· 1 can of jalapeños
· 1 block of cream cheese
· Bacon ( I use center cut)
· Toothpicks
Preparation.
This is all about Preparation. Open & drain the jalapenos and cut the ends off…cut them in half and take the seeds out. Sometimes I even cut in half again, here lately I am cutting the pepper down to the width of the bacon. I use can jalapeños because they cook quicker than the fresh ones, and the fresh ones don’t get soft enough to bite into. Also the fresh ones don’t sit out well. The canned jalapenos taste great if you set them out during a football game and heat up well in the microwave. They sell a version of peppers for my YANKEE friends called TAME peppers. They are not hot at all. You can find them on the olive isle they come in a jar.

At the same time as prepping the jalapeños I half way cook the bacon in the microwave to soften it to make it easier to wrap around the peppers. And by the time you are finished with preparation the bacon is cooled off. And if you use paper towels on it before you wrap it around the pepper it cuts the grease off of the bacon.

1. So cut a slice of cream cheese (not to big and put into a pepper half) Wrap with bacon and use a toothpick to hold together.
2. Bake in the oven on 375 degrees until bacon is crispy but not burnt.
Let me know if you use any of these.

tracyf80
01-30-2009, 04:50 PM
wow those both sound really good. I will have to try them then let you know

LuLu
01-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Yum! So you're coming to cook for me for the Superbowl, right?

Cass17
01-30-2009, 05:48 PM
they do sound good!
I was planning on making a new recipe that I found online, some kind of nacho bites, but now I can't find it.

Cass17
01-30-2009, 06:12 PM
I found it.

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 sheet Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
5 pitted ripe olives, quartered
Chile powder
Add to Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Customize Recipe
Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS
Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it's easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Stir the cheese and salsa in a small bowl.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 15x12-inch rectangle. Cut into 20 (3-inch) squares. Place about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture in the center of each pastry square. Top each with 1 olive piece, if desired. Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg mixture. Fold the pastry over the filling to form triangles. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Place the filled pastries onto a baking sheet. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the chili powder.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.

mommaidwf
01-30-2009, 09:31 PM
THose sound great. I'm not sure if I'm going to bother making anything "special" as it will just be us at home.