PDA

View Full Version : Easy Chicken pot pie

Staysea
01-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Ingrediants
2 pie crusts (I chose the kid by pulsbury that are rolled up)
1 bag of steam in the bag mixed vegi. I got the Green Giant with green beans, corn, carrots, and peas.
1lb of cooked chicken. ( I boil mine and thin shread it)
1 big can of cream of chicken soup
pepper

Prepare vegitables & chicken properly.
Combine all ingreadiants (except pie crusts) in a mixing bowl and mix well.
Pour into a pie shell, and smooth out evenly. Top with pie crust. Use a fork and poke some holes in the top crust for velilation. Bake until pie crust is done.

My Husband loves this it is his favorite. It tastes like homemade.

QuesMom
01-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Sounds really easy, may have to give this a try! Thanks...

mommaidwf
01-30-2009, 09:32 PM
THat is pretty easy! I'll have to give that one a whirl too.

Penster (pjwlee)
01-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Stacy,
I also have this recipe and use it a lot, my family loves it.

Staysea
01-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Yes this is perfect for us. On the weekends when we are busy I will make it in the morning and then put it in the fridge until we are ready to eat...and then we just pop it in the oven for cooking. The recipe I orgnailly had called for a can of vegall but I have found that the frozen steam in bag vegtables are the best and make it taste like a homemade pie you have cooked all day.

My mother in law recently took this to an ILL friend in an a aluminm pie pan. that way when her family went to bake it and they were done it went right in the trash or to be recycled. I purchased some clear pyrex(the were off brand) pie pans at big lots. I was able to purchase them for less than $3 each. (I also saw some at the family dollar store) I purchase 4 of them and I don't plan on opening them. I am going to save them for funerals, ill freinds, and such. They way the person can just keep the pie pan.

Cyndi
02-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Mine is kind of like this but I also put a little gravy mix in it also, it thickenes the liquids a little. Like the idea of having extra pie plates for it. :)