PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful new yarn...

QuesMom
01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
This is for the knitting and crochet lovers out there...Last time at the yarn store, I got this new yard from James C. Brett...made in England..341 yards...Acrylic and it feels like Cashmere...$15!

I am making a couple of scarves, but I can see so much made from it and it is beautiful and soooo soft to work with...IF you go to the yarn store...check it out or ask about it...

Oh...the other picture is that scarf out of sock yarn I was working on before Xmas..it was hanging in the camera....

LuLu
01-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Those are pretty scraves. That yarn looks very soft and silky. Do you think they'll have it at M's, J's or ACM or will I have to go to a specialty store to find it?

QuesMom
01-23-2009, 02:03 PM
No LuLu...this will be at a yarn store...but I'll tell you it is worth it! There is enough in this ball for two scarves and a hat or hat and gloves and maybe a short narrow scarf...10 and up needles as this is a bulky yarn, I'm using a 13 with 43 stitches...offset rib so it lies flat...but the softness is like nothing short of baby alpaca or cashmere...it is sooo soft and sooo nice to knit with...There are several other wonderful marbled colors also...

Cass17
01-23-2009, 03:31 PM
That does look really soft, but $15 is kind of pricey for 1 thing of yarn, isn't it?

Luann - do we even have any yarn stores?

LuLu
01-23-2009, 04:18 PM
That does look really soft, but $15 is kind of pricey for 1 thing of yarn, isn't it?

Luann - do we even have any yarn stores?

I don't think so. I think I may have been in one when we first moved here but I get confused if it's here or back in Kansas.:confused:

luv2craft
01-23-2009, 04:38 PM
That yarn is beautiful. I love that it puts the strips in!

QuesMom
01-23-2009, 04:39 PM
This is not expensive yarn at all...expensive is the skeins that are $40-$60 each! LOL

And you can get more than one item from the yardage...

luv2craft
01-23-2009, 07:21 PM
I think you get what you pay for when it comes to the yarns. Yes, you definitely can get a nice yarn from Michaels, etc., but for something that looks this beautiful and I'm sure feels like cashmere, at times more expensive is worth it.

Ohhh and I just noticed I put "strips" when I meant to put in "stripes" above - lol. I love how the varigated yarn makes it's own stripes.

QuesMom
01-23-2009, 07:46 PM
I guess why I'm so excited about this yarn is the fact that it is such a good deal price and yardage wise and it does feel like I spend $40 or more on...I love ggod yarn, but I love a good value even better!

Dawn, if you like the feel of cashmere, check this yarn out and the colors are wonderful....

luv2craft
01-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks Karen - I'm trying to find a store in the area of Ann Arbor, Michigan, that carries it. I went to some of the store websites, but I didn't find it listed as one that they carry. I think I will either just have to stop by or call. My mother-in-law is an avid knitter and makes beautiful sweaters, etc., and so I sent her the pics you posted and the info as well. Definitely going to try to find this. It is GORGEOUS! I just loving the stripes without having to change yarn colors - sort of new to the knitting world, but loving it!

Cher56
01-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Those are beautiful. I love the yarn. I would have to use them in SB'ing though because I can't knit or crochet. My GGranma always tried to show me to crochet and Tat but I never learned.

scrapbooker
04-29-2009, 10:26 AM
It looks so shiny one. But the price is more for this piece. The silk thread will cost near to this too.