PDA

View Full Version : A Haunting

Cher56
01-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Does anyone watch this? It comes on Discovery at 1:00pm (ct) and 2:00pm (ct). I like watching it but I do wander if these are actually true stories like they claim.

QuesMom
01-21-2009, 09:27 PM
I think I have seen this a couple of times, I am oddly interested in spirits and their movement here on our turf...

Cher56
01-22-2009, 08:58 AM
I am too. I was thinking that I might be weird by liking this program and I watch it everyday. Of course there is nothing else on at that time anyway.
Karen, I'm glad you like it too and are interested in the spirits. It makes me feel like I am not weird, LOL.

QuesMom
01-22-2009, 09:49 AM
You are not weird...I had one run in with them and that was enough to last a lifetime!

Cher56
01-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Ok Karen, you can't leave it at that. You gotta tell me about the run in.

One night when my DD was abt. 9/10, it was in the mid of night and what woke me is I smelled sulfer, when I woke good I saw Satan at the foot of our bed, (she was sleeping with me cause we were visiting my Mom & Dad) with a quilt. To tell you the truth, he was gorgeous. He had the prettiest blue eyes and blondish hair and the prettiest smile, but I knew who he was. Well, he came to side of our bed and trew the quilt over us (trying to smother us, I guess, but I said in the name of Jesus, leave and the quilt disappeared and he then didn't have the pretty smile anymore, he looked scared and then he was gone.

We both were in church and both have been Baptised and Christians and I don't think Satan liked that at all. We are still Christians but I haven't seen him or anything again.

Scrappin' Sue
01-24-2009, 06:30 PM
WOW!! That's an incredible experience! I believe in spirits. There are just too many things you hear that can't be explained. My dear Grandmother had a poltergeist attach itself to only her when she was a young girl. The story was getting attention from across the country. It communicated by knocking on the cupboards, etc. One night it threw Grandma & all her sisters out of their bed. Finally, it wanted to meet with G. alone in the pantry. When her parents wouldn't let her do that, it finally left. I'd like to hear Karen's story, too.

QuesMom
01-24-2009, 06:47 PM
OK...but you asked for it....

OK...From 79 to 91 I live in Porterville, CA..about 20 minutes from where Kray is...

We had lived up by Lake Success and I wanted to get closer into town and we took a lease option on a house on Putnam Ave...Old house that had been re-done by a designer and was just lovely..

It was warm weather when we moved in, but I could never get warm in that house...I got sick, my cat got sick and then it started...Natasha was sitting in the rocker and someone sat on her...she cried out in pain, then someone threw her out of the chair...Later that night when I was in the shower...someone threw the shower curtain back and all I could feel was freezing cold... Things were always being moved or the stove burner would be blown out...doors would slam and you could hear the floor boards creak when they walked through the house...you could see the indention on the sofa when they would sit..

Several weeks past and things just kept happening...the damper on the wood stove got opened up full in the middle of the night and it got so hot it broke in half and none of the windows or doors would open, we had to break the glass out.

Several nights later we were laying in bed and the cat started watching something moving around the bed and growling...I said that's it and I got the cat and went to a motel...

We moved out the next day and back up by the lake across from the Daybell's...John asked what happened and I told him...He said back in the 20's a child of that family went up in the attic and no one knew, there was a chimney fire that consumed the roof, most of the attic and that child....John said the father could never move on and was still there...The house was sold and resold in months over the next 6-7 years and finally it went into foreclosure, I don't know if it is still there, but I won't go find out!

I just know it scared the bloody c... out of us and I'm a tough old b.... and I don't scare easy!

QuesMom
01-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I just remembered it was across the street from the house that Weisenburger Hardware live in....

Cher56
01-25-2009, 08:38 AM
oooooh Karen. I would have moved out too. I haven't experienced anything like that and never want too. We have been hunting for a house lately and I told my DH that I didn't want to move in a haunted house. LOL He just laughs at me and says he don't believe in that stuff.
I also watch "Paranormal" on Sat's on A&E. Have you seen that one? It Students from Penn State that has formed a paranormal group and they investigate things. It's pretty good.
I don't know why I got so interested in watching these kind of programs here in the past few mo's. Nothing goes on here and there is nothing else on TV during the times these programs come on. I guess that's why.

Cher56
01-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Sue, that is an incredible story too. Probably when it want to meet your grandma a lone, it wanted to take over completely. Do you think? That sounds odd. Scary too.

Scrappin' Sue
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
We spend summers in Estes Park, Colorado. A famous hotel is there --- the Stanley Hotel. If you've ever seen or read "The Shining", that's the hotel it's based upon. It's a magnificent old hotel actually. A few summers ago, my husband & I took a "ghost tour" they have. A guide tells you about many of the things reported by staff & guests that have to be the truth. The Ghost Hunters (anybody watch that show) had been there & did a show on the hotel. They had sightings. Jim Carey stayed in one of their most famous haunted rooms while filming Dumb & Dumber. Our guide said that he ran down to the desk and insisted on being put in another room immediately!He never would tell them why, but he got switched to another room. They said that time he was NOT joking around --- LOL!!!

Cher56
01-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Good story, Sue. I have not seen the shining. I don't like to watch movies like that. I would have nightmares, even though they might not be bad. LOL. Don't know why I can watch a Haunting without having nightmares. LOL.

I have been having some very stupid dreams the past few weeks though. Don't know if they would be related to watching TV. I need to get my dreamcatcher back out and hang it above my bed again. It really works.

After my Mom died in 2000, I had some awful nightmares about her night after night and so I unpacked my dreamcatcher and hung it above my bed and had no more dreams or nightmares after that.

Scrappin' Sue
01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Wow, I'd never heard of those dreamcatchers working. Good to know. I don't have nightmares, but I sure have some bizarre dreams sometimes.

Scrappin' Sue
01-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I watched The Haunting today. I didn't realize it was a 2-hr. show. It was pretty fascinating. I felt sorry for the people who were in that situation. I can't imagine living like that. It reminded me of the Amityville House, but not quite as bad. You just have to believe in spirits like that because of so many reports of them.

britishgirl
01-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Wow all those stories i am at work now but will tell a short story when i get home i firmly believe in anything paranormal and i love paranormal state Cheryl, its one of my favorite shows Margaret

britishgirl
01-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Ok this is not so spooky but true my Mom died 23 Years ago and we were very very close so of course i was devastated when i lost her, a couple of days after i thought i was dreaming because i opened my eyes and she was sitting on my bed with her back up against the headboard and her legs streatched out in front of her wearing an outfit i know she loved i was startled and remember say Mom what are you doing here you died, she smiled and said i know that silly i came back to tell you what its like then i woke up not sure if she was really with me or not but i sure like to think so. So i guess i really believe in paranormal i also believe in superstition but i was born on Friday the 13th LOL

Cher56
01-27-2009, 06:01 AM
That was a good story Margaret. My nightmares about my MOm weren" good. I don't know why I even had them. She was dead in all of them but alive, but not really alive or dead, don't know how to explain those dreams. I know I always woke in a sweat.
Just like this morn. I didn't have a bad dream or anything but I woke in a sweat and panicky feeling. I am up at 4:00am this morn. Plus I just don't feel all that good this morn.

britishgirl
01-27-2009, 09:38 AM
sorry your not feeling good hon hopefully when this horrible winter is over we will all start to feel better hang in there Looking forward to seeing you and spec again in July

Cher56
01-28-2009, 08:55 AM
I can't wait to see you. How is Gyp? Spec is bigger that I expected, he weighs 10.5 lbs but won't get any larger than he is. He isn't suppose to weigh that. But he eats everytime the cat does and that is off and on all day long. He eats her food too. LOL He is such a sociable doggy. He loves people and I'm glad because of the kids. He is a mama's boy though, he sticks to me like glue.

britishgirl
01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Gyp is doing great he now weighs 3lbs 4oz so he gained a little he is still tiny though i will call you when we have a definate date

Cher56
01-29-2009, 09:34 AM
I will be waiting. I hope we can spend more time together this year. Maybe we can do some scp'in.

britishgirl
01-29-2009, 09:38 AM
That would be great cheryl we will be looking for a home while we are there so that we can be ready for when we move see your then

Cher56
02-24-2009, 07:42 AM
I was watching a haunting yest and they had 2 new shows. They were good.