PDA

View Full Version : Paper storage ideas

kray
01-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Here are a couple links on paper storage. The second one....will not work for me....I have tons of more paper than that.

http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/techniques/paper/paperstorage_4.html

http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/techniques/paper/paperstorage_2.html

jujuann
01-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Neither of those ideas would work for me. I have 4 of the wooden cubes with 5 slots per cube and they are full. I need 2 more, but have no more space to put them at this time. I have each color of paper in the 12 X 12 scrap keepers, stacked on the shelves. I'm trying to refrain from buying paper for a long while and use my stash. I do run out of the 8 1/2 X 11 that I use for cards, photo matting, journaling and cutting titles.

Nicksnana
01-18-2009, 12:07 AM
My name is Alice and I am a "paperholic" and my supply would probably break the pole!!!! But they are good ideas. I like #1. I had the nerve to try to go to JoAnns today on the way to work to check out the DCWV stacks since they were 55% off thank God there were no parking spots and I had to work 3-11.

jujuann
01-18-2009, 12:39 AM
You sound as bad as me!! I would have parked illegally to get DCWV paper at 55% off.

Cyndi
01-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Neat ideas but mine would break the bar also. Maybe you could hang kits from them or something. :)

QuesMom
01-19-2009, 08:52 AM
I have to have my paper covered, in something, away from the light and any dust..I have the 8.5x11 in large magazines files and my 12x12 is in standing paper keepers I got from OT...These sit on the bottom 2 shelves of my cupboard...

momsisme
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
gosh neither one of these would work for me either I have so much paper

IrishMom
01-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Diana paper goddess ......you go girl - Gerry

LoriS.
01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
oh for crying out loud, who are they kidding? in the first pic you can see the pole is allready bending and I bet they don't even have anything on the lower shelves of that closet organizer, and those closet organizers use cardboard to reinforce the shelves they would buckle in a couple of days under just one of those plastic boxes full of paper. but speaking of plastic boxes Mike's has them on sale this week and on a nice sturdy wood shelf you take about 15 of them and then we are coming a bit closer to meeting our paper storage needs :D

QuesMom
01-20-2009, 10:34 AM
OK, hope this might inspire your storage...I just cleaned out all the old paper I have not been using and refiled everything

1. this is my 12x12 in the white files (each one hold about 55-60 sheets of heavy weight paper or cardstock) and my 8.5x11 in the black magazine holders...
2. this is A2 pre-cut cardstock in white files by color and maker...
3. this the the file cabinet with all the other 8.5x11 papers I have multi-packs of or papers I may not use as often...

tlc3plus
01-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Great shot Karen... Now for my questions... what is the 8 1/2 x 11 wrapped in? And will you come and do my paper??!!

Clarinda

QuesMom
01-20-2009, 05:03 PM
I save packages to put paper in or buy gallon bags and cut the zipper thing off the top...I even have loose sheets in there...they stay sooo good in these magazines files and never get bent or curled...you can also wrap a piece of saran wrap around your paper to make a band...

I love to organize...might have to get Toto and my broom and fly out to Arkansas to do that!

IrishMom
01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
The green person is out again -- I really love your paper storage :D

QuesMom
01-20-2009, 05:21 PM
It's just taken me a bit over 2 years to get it this way...I had to try everyhting i saw, but needed something cheap and easy...you have time to find your way....

kray
01-20-2009, 08:02 PM
That is a cool strorage system....I am in the process of reorganizing yet again.

Cass17
01-20-2009, 08:17 PM
I like that option 1 with the clear containers. That way you could just bring one over to your desk and it looks like it would protect the paper pretty good.
I have my cardstock stored vertically in the cubes right on my desk for easy access. My patterned paper is in those cropper hopper type vert. paper holders in various places. In cubes (cabinet style) holding up my desktop mostly and some in the closet. I never know what I have. I'm also horrified at how much I've collected. I don't buy nearly as much paper as I used to.