PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any good dip recipes?

Cass17
01-17-2009, 07:46 PM
I made a beer dip a few weeks ago for pretzels and didn't really like it all that much, but I wanted to maybe do something for the playoff game tomorrow.

LuLu
01-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Here's a recipie for Queso Blanco. It makes a lot so it's great for parties but it also freezes well. Just put it in individual service containers, thaw and reheat in micro at medium.

1 small onion, diced
3 garlic clove, minced
14 1/2 oz. can petite cut diced tomatoes, drained
1 c milk
3/4 c pickled jalepeno slices, minced
4.5 oz. can chopped green chilis, undrained
1 t ground cumin
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 t coarsely ground pepper
2 pounds deli white American cheese.

Place onion in bowl, cover loosely with plastic wrap and heat for 2 minutes in microwave. Stir in all the rest of ingredients except cheese.
Roughly tear cheese slices into a 4-quart slow cooker. Pour onion mixture over cheese. Cover and cook on LOW 2 hours. Stir gently to blend ingredients.

Hope you like it. GO EAGLES!

Cass17
01-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Mmm. That sounds really good, but I have Onion soup in the crock pot right now. It's the best onion soup I've ever had! If they win, I'll try this one for the superbowl!
Yep, now that the Giants are out of it I can cheer on the Eagles.

LuLu
01-18-2009, 10:19 AM
You need to tell me the recipie for the soup!

I think it would be so neat if it was the Steelers and Eagles in the Superbowl. And all this coming after the World Series. (but baseball isn't my thing)

I'm sure you can do this recipie in a saucepan too.

Cass17
01-18-2009, 05:05 PM
It's not looking too good for the Eagles. I can't watch anymore so here I am instead. I need to go to Bed Bath and Beyond and get some soup crocks. I used the little corningware grab it bowls, but I only have two. Now that I'm

Here's the soup recipe:

Ingredients:
4 cups beef broth
3 cups sliced onion
1/4 c. butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1/4 c. dry Vermouth or Cognac (I used Remy Martin Cognac)
1 baguette French bread, cut in 1-inch thick slices
1/2 to 1 cup Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese (I used Mozzarella)
Preparation:
Pour bouillon in slow cooker, cover and put on HIGH setting. Cook onions slowly in large skillet in butter for about 15 to 20 minutes. Add sugar and salt, continue to cook until nicely browned, then add flour. Add onion mixture to crock with Vermouth and cook for 3 hours on HIGH.
Ladle soup into oven-proof bowls; top with a slice of crusty French bread (cut if baguette is a wide one) and sprinkle with Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese. Melt under broiler.
Serves 6.

Cher56
02-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Quick and easy dip. In a crock pot brown 1 lb hamburger meat, drain (or you can brown and drain it 1st then add to crock) Add Salsa (lg. jar), 1 lg velveeta cheese, and half monterey jack cheese and let melt with meat You can add onions and 1 or 2 cloves garlic, optional let it all combine and melt good then enjoy. You can freeze it too.