PDA

View Full Version : okay need suggestions!!!!

LoriS.
01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
I need marker/gel pen storage ideas. I had this solved at the old house but no place to put that in the current situation. I am trying to find something that wouldn't have to live on the desk top all the time, but I don't want something up on the wall so that I have to constantly hop up and down since I color sitting down. Does anyone have one of those tri-fold thingies? Do you like it? I'll try to find a pic of what I mean. I was thinking if I got one of those I could hang it on the wall and bring it down when I was coloring. Lastly if I go with this does anyone know if any one sells them that offers coupons? I checked our Mike's and they don't have them. Any ideas of how I could make one?

QuesMom
01-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Lori, would something like these work? I have a small shelf over my desk and I have 4 of these, but only keep two on that shelf. They are stackable and easy to move around.

I got them 3 for $10 at Office Depot...

ScrappySam
01-14-2009, 11:26 AM
WOW Karen that's awesome! Great suggestion.

Penster (pjwlee)
01-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Karen,
great find, and really nice price.

Taffy
01-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Karen, i tried looking for one like that at Office Max but they're freaken too expensive!! Anyway, i keep looking to see if they're on clearance.. LOL

For right now, i have them in those plastic pencil holders that you get for kids when school starts.. and they're less than a buck when school starts otherwise, they're about $1.00 or so.. still a pretty good bargain.

You can store them away when not in use and easy enough to use while you're working on your things..

Just my thoughts.. :)

Cali4niaGirl
01-14-2009, 06:44 PM
no help here...
mine are in a small 3-drawer container in my closet.

Tonitoo
01-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I use the same system as Karen. I bought mine in Staples but I don't remember how much I paid for them.

Toni

jujuann
01-14-2009, 11:41 PM
I have 2 $1 plastic bins from Dollar Tree. I put them on my shelf till I need them, then I put them on my desk. When I finish, they go back in my closet.

LoriS.
01-15-2009, 07:04 AM
oh Karen alas I do believe the quantity issue has raised it's ugly head once more. I do like those and I've seen them before (Bonnie posted them one time) I fear I would need several. :D Yesterday I was toying with the idea of taking a canvas board and staple gunning strips of elastic into loops down the front to insert my pens into. I was then going to stand these up on a shelf or hang them on a hook and bring them to the desk when I need them. A good friend who isn't afraid to tell me when she thinks I'm nuts shared that I would probably get sick of having to put all the markers/gel pens back in the little loops (it is interesting to note that this is the very friend that supplied me with um a box of 120 gel pens!) so upon that helpful suggestion I went to work trying to use some plastic drawer dividers. They are about the size of one slot for silverware. Well siz of them later in my desk drawer and I hadn't made a dent! And there was a lot of wasted space in the drawer since the dividers are just a big too tall to stack. So I have decided to brave the bone chilling cold today to go and get me some pencil boxes, I am hoping that since they will stack I will be able to get enough so that I can sort them a bit.

Taffy how do you sort into the pencil boxes? by color family or by type of pen

Cyndi
01-15-2009, 07:49 AM
I havn't seen it yet, but my sister got one of the canvas roll up things for paint brushes for her colored pencils, not sure how many it will hold. Could you also look at something that hold knitting or crohcet (sp) needles? She picked her's up at Michael's :)

laurat99
01-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Lori, would Snapware containers work for you? You could divide by color family or marker brand. I've had to separate my Tombow and Stampin Up, colored pencils and watercolor pencils, and the snapware system keeps them contained, but handy. I've seen snapware at Target, Jo's, Kohl's, HL and other stores. I got the ribbon holder, took the ribbon bar out and use it for other things.

p2pplady
01-15-2009, 08:51 AM
I have one of the tri-fold thingys and i love it! All my markers and pens are stored in it and i keep it folded unless i take it to a crop, the i will set it up.
-Dorothy

QuesMom
01-15-2009, 09:50 AM
I'v tried about a dozen different things..I had the 3 sided for up that held most of my Tombo, but left no room for the LePlumms, then the SU, the Copiucs and watercolor pencils, chalk pencils, prismacolor and the stardust gels and others.

All of the pens except copics suggest storing them on their side, so that's why I went to the cubes...they do not include all the pens and pencils down in my drawers and the other two cubes full...

Do you think we have too many?

kray
01-16-2009, 01:36 AM
I have a three drawer wired catty that is on wheels....I got it at Target. It reminds me of the nail place where I get manicures/pedicures. One of the drawers has all my pens/markers/pencils, etc. in it.

The cart is right by me when I need it. My good markers/pens are still in their original boxes in the cart, so I can keep those separate.

I really do like the one pictured above

Cass17
01-20-2009, 12:55 PM
This is something that does sit on a counter, but I thought it was cute. Somewhere in a magazine I saw a room where the scrapbooker kept her pens in a wine rack. Instead of bottles used either wide tubes or rolled up chipboard with circle on the end so they don't fall out. I have some wide storage tubes at work that we use to archive or mail architectural drawings. The lids would be perfect for that. I bet you could rig up somthing wall hung that would hold tubes for pens as well. I'll see if I can find a photo.

LoriS.
01-20-2009, 03:36 PM
I remember that idea Cass and it was really cool! I have at least temporarily solved my problem. I found a bunch of cheap plastic pencil boxes at the dollar store (in lime! that was a bonus lol) now all I have to do is make labels so that I know what kink of marker/pen is in each box. And then I also am using some crystal lite containers turned on their side to hold a set of markers that I have that is like 100 markers or something crazy. I didn't want to have to go back and get four more pencil boxes to accomodate just that set (especially since I bought all the lime one's :) I haven't quite decided where I'm going to set the crystal lite containers. I think I might tie them all together with a piece of pretty ribbon and set them on top of my new ink pad storage cubbie but it's not arrived yet so I'll have to wait to see if they will fit. If they don't I am going to keep an eye out for a wine rack thing that I can hang on the wall.