PDA

View Full Version : Left Over Turkey

Staysea
12-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I just had a freind email and request my reicipe for Chicken PotPie. I didn't have the recipie written down so I typed it and now I am shareing it with my SAS friends. ....I call it Taste Like HomeMade Chicken PotPie....It would be perfect for left over turkey.

Let me know what you think...

Tastes Like Homemade Chicken Potpie
Ingredients
1lb of boneless Chicken (left over turkey)
1 page of Steam in the bag Mixed Vegetables. (I love green giant)
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup...
2 frozen Pie Crust

1. Boil your Chicken it usually takes about 30 minutes. Then Hand shredded your chicken, or cut you chicken into bite size pieces.
2. Steam your veggies as per bag instructions.
3. In a large bowl stir 2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup, Chicken, Bag of Mixed Veggies, and Pepper to your taste.
4. Pour all ingredients into a Pie crust. Then take the 2nd pie crust and place on top pinching the edges of the 2 crusts together. Place in the oven and bake until crust is done. Usually takes 20 to 30 minutes.

My husband loves this dish! It is perfect to make ahead of time and put in the refrigerator to bake at a later time. PERFECT for left over holiday Turkey as well.

jujuann
12-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Sounds good to me. I have a recipe in our family that has no veggies in it.

tlc3plus
12-22-2008, 03:18 PM
I hate HATE boughten pot pie ...I guess from eating them as a kid they were cheap.

I love stews and soups so I am going to try this! Thanks for the recipe!

Clarinda

Penster (pjwlee)
12-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I've been making something similiar to this for years, my family loves it, what a way to use leftover chicken or turkey. One pan wonders. just serve it with warm bread or rolls and maybe a salad. Great meal.