PDA

View Full Version : Cricut Software release date

fotonana
11-14-2007, 06:55 PM
The scheduled release date for the new software is Dec. 1.......just in time for Santa to put it in our stockings!
Here's a link in case you're very interested: cricut software (http://cgi.ebay.com/PREORDER-Cricut-Design-Studio-Software_W0QQitemZ140179206882QQihZ004QQcategoryZ7 1228QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem)
This is a friend of mine and she is very reliable. Mine is coming with this one!!! Yeah for me!!!

Marsha

akgrniz
11-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks for posting!! I will put on my christmas list!!

Janice
11-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Question never really heard about this, can it work on the old cricuts? or just the new ones.

Thanks Janice

jujuann
11-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Janice, I was told by a rep that it would work on either, but I plan to check before purchasing. I really want it.

Z-Scraper
11-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Hi ladies. I'm confused. Does this replace the many cartridges I already own? I am not sure how this works. Anyone care to clue me in on this? Thanks much!

crafty grandmommie
11-15-2007, 06:41 AM
The article that Marsha referred us to did say it was good for either machine.

sbartist
11-15-2007, 07:28 AM
I don't own a cricut, but did I read this correctly? It says the software will have ALL of their designs on it. So all of those people who have purchased individual cartridges at $40 to $80 a pop, can now have it all on one disk for one price. What are these going to retail at?

QuicKutz did something similar with the Silhouette (also something I don't own), and I didn't want (and still don't want) an electronic cutter anyway so I wasn't 'out' anything.

Wouldn't this make you mad? Or are you guys just more excited to see this actually come to fruition?

Explore
Cricut DesignStudio includes an electronic collection of every image found within the Cricut cartridge library. Simple and quick keyword searches allow you to search through the 1000s of images available to find that perfect letter, shape, or phrase that will transform your project into a new stunning creation! Online updates will also keep Cricut DesignStudio supplied with any new content that become available, letting you explore the latest and greatest Cricut cartridges!

Cali4niaGirl
11-15-2007, 08:56 AM
key word there being "EXPLORE" the Cricut cartridges.... to actually CUT out a project you will have to have the cartridge in your possession.

But this will open up design and creative possibilities for carts we already own!! I would love to be able to weld words together, cut shape within shapes, flip, rotate, resize....

crafty grandmommie
11-15-2007, 07:35 PM
That's right, it does say later on that you have to have purchased the actual cartridge to use that part of the software.

sbartist
11-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I guess if I actually owned one I would have read the disclosure more carefully.

Taffy
11-17-2007, 10:39 AM
is there any other place to preorder this software other than cricut.com and ebay?