PDA

View Full Version : Help With Background?

canadian*girl
11-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I see many of you who have blogs have different backgrounds than those that the site offered themselves. I was just wondering where you paste the code? I tried it before, but when I went to check out how it looked, the name of the website I got the background from was in the top left corner, but the text that I pasted was in a sidebar... If anyone could help I'd be very happy! By the way, its one on blogspot if that makes any difference?

thecountryrose
11-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Go to your dashboard, click on the Lay Out tab, at the very bottom it says, 'add a gadget'. Click on that and choose 'HTML/Java Script'. After that has been added at the bottom, click on the 'HTML/Java Script' link (it may say 'edit') and a window will open up. It will say configure HTML/Java Script. There will be a place that says 'Title'. Leave that blank. Paste your code into the box underneath where it says 'content'. Click 'save'.

If you get your backgrounds from sites that offer them for free, there will usually be something in the code that will show where the background came from.

canadian*girl
11-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks so much, I finally got it to work!

thecountryrose
11-30-2008, 03:26 PM
You're welcome :)! Glad that you got it to work.