PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to sew....

crickett
06-16-2006, 01:02 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">....on paper?? I have a sewing machine and I can sew cloth just dandy, but I am not sure what to set it on to sew on paper. It usually rips my paper and doesn't look that good. Any tips or pointers would be great!! Thanks!!</span>

crickett
06-16-2006, 01:02 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">....on paper?? I have a sewing machine and I can sew cloth just dandy, but I am not sure what to set it on to sew on paper. It usually rips my paper and doesn't look that good. Any tips or pointers would be great!! Thanks!!</span>

Janice
06-19-2006, 05:12 PM
I have never sewed on paper before but I was looking in the AC Moore ad and they have a paper sewing machine that on sale for under 5 dollars but I don't think they could be much more then that anywhere else. You might also want to check your setting or only use a thicker cardstock.

Connie P
06-20-2006, 10:15 AM
I bought one of the little sewing machines from AC Moore - don't waste your money. It's just not worth it, even at $5.
I agree - I use a slightly longer stitch length than usual. Also, light tension. And go slow!

Hugz,
Connie
www.istlc4you.com (http://www.istlc4you.com)

rosalie j
06-29-2006, 09:41 AM
The key is longer stitch length and lighter tension. Practice on a scrap piece before you attempt it on your layup. I love the look of stitching on a layup.

Rosalie, CA