PDA

View Full Version : What Crafts are You Working On?

ScrappySam
11-16-2008, 11:51 AM
The holidays bring out the "other" crafter side in me, how about you? Are you working on anything for your house, gifts, to sell?

* My DD wants "kitcheny" things for Christmas and loves vintage/retro things --- so I'm going to find a vintage table cloth and make it into an apron for her and edge some kitchen towels with the left overs. Plus, the whole family is contributing recipes to a recipe box my DH is making for her.

coriander
11-16-2008, 02:25 PM
ha, ha, ha, ha!! What crafts am I NOT working on? Well, actually, none of them right now. I have started, stopped, started, stopped. Right now I'm in a stopped phase. So many unfinished things!
Here we go... Cards, neighbor Xmas gifts, gifts for family on the other side of the US; organizing a tea; organizing a cookie exchange; planning the theme for my Xmas tree this year (I do a different theme every year)... and about 50 non-Xmas home projects!
Sam, I like the vintage apron idea!

javamom
11-16-2008, 05:35 PM
ha, ha, ha, ha!! What crafts am I NOT working on? Well, actually, none of them right now.

OMG!!:eek: Coriander stole my answer! LOL...that is so where I am at right now! ANd the one thing I did accomplish,well...I didn't do it all I started it and DH finished it! LOL! :)I was spray painting the caps to the jars my gift mixes will be going into, and making a mess of it- so he took over.

Guess I Tom Sawyered him into it!

Cyndi
11-16-2008, 06:33 PM
I think this is the first year that I don't have any projects other than cards to work on. :D

QuesMom
11-16-2008, 07:06 PM
I am still knitting, making mocha mix and have to finish up the Post it note books! then I have candy and bars to make for hubby's office.

And I have to build a couple of chicken coops because I asked Santa for a couple of chickens for Xmas!

jujuann
11-17-2008, 01:14 AM
I'm working on cards, 29 ornaments for the grandkids and nieces and nephews, gifts for my sister, 5 friends, and goodies for the neighbors. Maybe I can get them all done. I also have 3 more crafts classes to teach and projects to design for them to do.

tlc3plus
11-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Guess I Tom Sawyered him into it![/quote]

Oh my gosh that brought back memories... we always made our kids do their yard work before play... our son James always got all the neighborhood kid to help him!

Well I'm going to do some "can" project for the kids...need to decorate and buy the stuffings.

Some one asked about knitting or crocheting... well after talking to a friend the other day I bought some yarn and I'm knitting a scarf! It's 10 inches long... started after a party Sat. night!! It's been years since I've done anything like this! Just like riding a bike! This will be an item for the cans!

I also need to make some more cards for my card boxes!

Clarinda

Dianacraftstoo
11-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh my I got some much going on in crafts. I just got done knitting a scraf and used the knifty Knitters to make a hat. I got a scrapbook to do and card gift boxes to finish up and make more xmas cards and be gone for 2 weeks. Oh gosh I will have to kick it up when I get home. LOL

Diana

sdwhru
11-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I've knitted several dish clothes, one complete pair of socks done. I have one more sock to do for my last pair for Christmas. I've done several baby washcloths and a pair of baby booties. Two women I know are giving birth a few days after Christmas! Could they not have waited till a later date? LOL

LuLu
12-01-2008, 07:14 PM
I made this afghan for my neighbor. Tons of baubles stitches; took a long time. It's very warm. I love crocheting afghan in the winter.:D

I'm also making mesh bags for quite a few people in my family, I want to make hats for my kids, an afghan for my DS, and an afghan for my DH. DS and DH have been bugging me to make me one. I think it's so sweet that they want one so badly.