PDA

View Full Version : Dog Biscuit Recipes

javamom
11-06-2008, 03:40 PM
OK gals, here are the Dog Biscuit recipes I promised!

Best Doggy Biscuits
(allrecipes.com)
INGREDIENTS

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup water

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, cornmeal and salt. Mix in the oil, egg and water to make a soft dough that is not too sticky. You may add more flour if needed. Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten slightly.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until nicely browned and firm. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.

Birthday Bones
(allrecipes.com)
INGREDIENTS

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
1 cup skim milk

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Stir together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter and milk. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

Delicious Dog Treats
(allrecipes.com)
INGREDIENTS

1 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 cube beef bouillon, crumbled
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1 tablespoon mild paprika
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup boiling water
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, stir together the oats, white sugar, brown sugar, beef bouillon, poultry seasoning, paprika, cornmeal and flour. In a separate bowl, stir together the butter and hot water until butter melts, then stir in the milk and egg. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until well blended. The dough will be stiff. If it is too stiff, add a bit more water. If it is too sticky, add more flour.
On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for a few turns. Roll out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness, and cut into squares or into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place treats about 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned and firm. Let cool for 10 or 15 minutes. When completely cool, store in an airtight container at room temperature.

And last but not least...
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/kyektulu/avatars/dongandbone.gifNemo & Bailey's Lucky Dog Biscuits
(after some experimentation,this is a recipe I came up with for my fur buddies Bailey & Nemo who absolutely go bonkers for carrots)

1 cup cornmeal
2 cups all purpose flour
1 egg
3 Tbs. vegetable oil
1/2 salt free beef or chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 1/2 cup H2O
1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
2 tsp. parsley

Mix all ingredients well, Roll out and cut with cute cookie cutter, or cut into squares.Bake @ 400 for 15 mins. or until golden brown.

Cyndi
11-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all the recipes, I'm going to try some of these this winter. :)

javamom
11-07-2008, 06:44 AM
You 're welcome Cyndi!! Hope your fur buddy loves them.:)

Cass17
11-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I used to make dog biscuits years ago. I would make them now, but Oakley is allergic to everything.
I should make doggy Christmas presents for the neighbors.

javamom
11-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Awwwwww, that is too bad. But you bring up a good point. If your dog has allergies to corn, wheat or oats- experiment with substituting different flours/ingredients to come up with a custom biscuit for your pooch!

southernbellescrapper
11-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Well cool beans! If I had a dog, I would so do this. TFS!

javamom
11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
:) Ladies, don't forget to adjust the size of the biscuit/cookie to the size of the dog!

ericalauren13
01-25-2009, 02:15 PM
very cool! I am gonna have to try these! Thanks Javamom!

momsisme
03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
wow thanks I have been looking for a good recipe