PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Crochet Pattern

javamom
11-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I am currently looking for a crochet pattern for a long sleeved open front sweater that is knee length (or I could make knee length). I've found a couple online, but not quite what I want, though I may have to go with altering one of those patterns if I can't find something I like. I'd rather not have to attempt alterations!

QuesMom
11-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Man! I have a really nice car coat length knitting pattern in my book *Knit Komono*...

Did you check www.patonsyarns.com (http://www.patonsyarns.com)
www.patternworks.com (http://www.patternworks.com) and www.elan.com (http://www.elan.com) check their free patterns.....

ScrappySam
11-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Christi, I've found some good patterns on this site and they have wearable crocheted free patterns, too. www.freepatterns.com If you don't want to join, let me know and I can get you a "guest pass" to get into the site.

ScrappySam
11-03-2008, 09:43 AM
You got me thinking of all (and I mean ALL) of the granny square vests I made for every female in the family back in the 70's. I crocheted my way up and down the bay area commuting to work in San Francisco. LOL

javamom
11-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Ohh, thanks Karen & Sam I had checked Bernat & Lions but will check these out- thanks so much for your help. I found a lot of possibilities on several of them!

Sam, that is so funny! I can just picture it. :) I joined that site and I found a tunic pattern I think DD Rach would love.

I am having fun looking at all the great patterns!

QuesMom
11-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Do you knit also?

ScrappySam
11-04-2008, 06:23 PM
OH good, Christi -- while I was looking for you, I found a neat long vest pattern I think I'm going to try, too. I love long vests --- kinda like a duster without sleeves.

javamom
11-05-2008, 08:37 PM
QuesMom - I sort of knit...that is to say I haven't done it in a very very long time and was not that accomplished at even then. I do love the knifty knitters!

Sam- That's what I am more or less looking for too!! Which one are you planning to make?? Show me show me!! :D I promise if I like it and make it-I'll make it in a different color so we don't look like twins -teehee!;)

ScrappySam
11-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Christi --- here are the 3 that I'm considering or what the heck may just make all 3 this winter.

javamom
11-07-2008, 06:36 AM
I love the 2 bottom ones! My Mom made the one on the bottom right for me, I think I had one to go with every color skirt & pants I owned! DD Rachel said she'd love one or two of them too! Looks like I better use some coupons on yarn!:)

ScrappySam
11-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Yea, I like those, too. I'm thinking the bottom right one a little bit longer and then button down the front. First, I've got to finish an afghan that I'm making. Please post a pic whenever you get your project done, Christi.

(LOL the model in that green 60's vest looks just like my college roommate.)

javamom
11-07-2008, 05:00 PM
DD Rach & I saw a cute one made up at ACM it was a lacy open front vest with a bodice and it tied like the green one. BUt We couldn't find the instructions for it, and ssadly the staff was no help at all. We went through all of the yarn wrappers to see if it was on one of them.

Wouldn'tyou think when they display a handmade pice they'd make sure to include where to find the directions as well as what kind of yarn! :rolleyes: