PDA

View Full Version : Potato Candy

Cher56
10-29-2008, 08:28 AM
This is so quick, easy, sweet and delicious.

Boil 1 small potato until tender, cool, then peel.
Put in a bowl and mash potato with 1 tsp vanilla flavoring, then mix with mixer, 1 box confectioners sugar (more if need to make a dough.
Roll out on wax paper sprinkled with confectioners sugar 1/4 inch thick circle. Spread on lots of peanut butter to abt 1 inch from ends. Roll up dough and slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Usually makes a lot.

I make this and other candies at Christmas and my grandkids love it. It is very sweet though but very very good. The more peanut butter the better.

I also have a "Figgy Pudding" recipe if you want it. It is delicious.

Cyndi
10-29-2008, 09:35 AM
I need to try this recipe, I've heard about it for years. Of course we want the figgy pudding recipe. :D

southernbellescrapper
10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Now this does sound interesting. I'm gonna save this and try it. TFS!

kray
10-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Never heard of this...need to give it a try

jujuann
10-30-2008, 12:00 AM
I had heard of it but didn't have a recipe. Thanks. Will try it.

thecountryrose
10-30-2008, 01:01 AM
That does sound good too. What nationality is the origin of this recipe? It is unusual, that's why I ask.

Oh yeah! Bring on the figgy pudding!.... recipe that is :D

Cher56
10-30-2008, 07:24 AM
countryrose, I'm not sure about the nationality but I think it is a southern recipe. My brother taught me how to make this and it is very sweet but addicting. LOL. It is so good.
I make this candy, my "famous chocolate candy", homemade mints and all kinds of candy at Christmas. My chocolate candy recipe I don't give out though. It was my Mom's recipe. My grandkids love all my candies I make and I have to watch them or they will be climbing the walls with sugar high. LOL.
But I will post the figgy pudding. I have to find my recipe though, I have thousands and thousands of recipes I have to go thru. I try to keep the ones I do at Christmas together, but I have rearranged and now I have them all mixed up. I am a recipeaholic. I have recipes I got when I was in Jr High in Home Ec. (back in the early 60's), man I'm getting old. LOL. That's when I started saving and cutting out recipes and later making up my own. I love to cook and I use to make everything from scratch, but I don't do much of that anymore.
Fogot to tell you the figgy pudding has a lot of ingredients but is easy as "pie" lol. It's actually a cake. My DD and I made one for Christmas a few yrs back, she was living at Eglan AF base and me & DH had to leave for home before it was done, she said she ate the whole thing by herself. LOL. She said she had never tasted anything as good.
Did I mention it has alcohol in it?

Cyndi
10-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Now your teasing us, a :eek: Chocolate recipe :eek:, and your not going to share. Just picking on you. :D :D

Dianacraftstoo
10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
I will make this for sure for my DH! I would love the other one for the figgy cake that sounds great too. He can not get enough sweets. I can not eat them :( but still enjoy making them.

Diana

tlc3plus
10-30-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm going to try this also. We also make lots of candy for the Holidays! Everyone expects us to bring an assortment of out candies for all the parties!

Here's and easy one and you can't go wrong.

Large jar of peanuts (you can use no salt and dry roasted)
Chocolate bark melted on a double broiler.(for 1 jar probably 1/3 of a package of bark - I add as many nuts as I can to make the bark go farther!)
Add nuts and drop by spoonfuls on to wax paper.

Melt a little white bark and drizzle zigzag on mounds.
For the Holidays...I sprinkle with red/green colored sugars before bark hardens.

Clarinda

thecountryrose
10-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Cheryl, I totally relate. I have a 'cookbook' that is handwritten. I wrote a bunch of recipes by categories into a notebook when I was in Jr. High School too and I still have that notebook to this day. I also keep all my holiday recipes together- makes it a lot easier to find them each year!

Yep, I make candy at Christmas too. I promised my DD's fiance' John that I'll keep him in cashew turtles when he leaves for Iraq in January. So I'll be making a bunch of extra to send with him. Our family is sure going to miss him :(.