PDA

View Full Version : Scented Embossing Powder

thecountryrose
10-23-2008, 01:32 PM
I thought I would post this recipe on here for making your own scented embossing powder. I haven't tried it yet, but I hear it works just as well :D.

You will need a little jar to make your mix in. The recipe is one part powdered Jello or Kool-aid to one part of embossing powder.

Example: 1 Tsp. sugar free Jello to 1 Tsp. embossing powder.
Mix well and heat emboss as with any other embossing powder.

I think this would work with powdered pudding too if you wanted it chocolate or vanilla scented. I think I will have to try these over the weekend :D.

As per BethW. below- the Jello, pudding, or Kool-aid must be 'sugar free' so as not to react with the heat. I also changed the measurements of this to the measurements that Beth posted. Thanks Beth!!

Atty
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Oh will have to try this. Thanks for posting.

southernbellescrapper
10-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Well how super cool is this!!! TFS!!!! I think this would be so fun! Adding it to my faves!

Dianacraftstoo
10-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks Barb I will try that choc one for sure! What the lady showed me was she did the frosting on a cup cake with the choc and then red cherry smell for the cherry on top of cupcake for a birthday card. I was great! The only catch is have to do and send right away. I wonder if this will last longer, the smell that is! LOL

Diana

Cher56
10-24-2008, 08:28 AM
ooooh, will have to try this. I love to try different things.

Cyndi
10-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks, it would be nice on christmas cards maybe a little cinnamon. :)

thecountryrose
10-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks Barb I will try that choc one for sure! What the lady showed me was she did the frosting on a cup cake with the choc and then red cherry smell for the cherry on top of cupcake for a birthday card. I was great! The only catch is have to do and send right away. I wonder if this will last longer, the smell that is! LOL

Diana

I think that the scent is supposed to last for about three weeks, but I haven't done it yet so I don't know for sure.

Hmmm, you could use choc. pudding and then cherry jello or cherry Kool-aid for the cherry. Let me know how it works out if you try this :D.

thecountryrose
10-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks, it would be nice on christmas cards maybe a little cinnamon. :)
Yes, cinnamon would be great for Christmas cards! If you have a pine cone stamp you could use the cinnamon EP on the pine cones :D.

thecountryrose
10-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Oh will have to try this. Thanks for posting.
You're welcome :).

Beth W
10-24-2008, 05:56 PM
We did this in a class and it is really neat. My notes say it has to be sugar-free or it will react when heated. The recipe I have is 1 tsp. sugar-free Jello, or Crystal Light, cocoa mix or spices to 1 tsp. of clear embossing powder.

Beth

thecountryrose
10-24-2008, 07:05 PM
That's good information to have :)! Thanks Beth! Do you know how long the scent lasts?

Beth W
10-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Sorry, I'm not sure how long it lasts. It probably depends on what you start with at first. I'm would think cinnamon would last longer than sugar-free jello. However, you never know! Beth