PDA

View Full Version : I need a really good recipe - appetizer or dessert

Cass17
10-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm invited to a girls night at a friends house on thursday. We're supposed to bring our favorite appetizer or dessert and bring the recipe printed out for everyone if they want it. Like a recipe exchange, but more of a ladies night out type of thing. I cannot think of anything to make. I need help. I used to cook all the time until I started scrapbooking, now I have no idea in the cooking dept.

Cyndi
10-06-2008, 08:22 AM
What about some kind of mixture with cream cheese, spread on a flour totilla shell, then rolled up and sliced. Fresh vegies diced really small, deli sliced ham anything like that would be good and easy. :)

QuesMom
10-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Dessert! Watergate Salad (this is not a veggie girls, this is better thatn, well you know! )

1 large package INSTANT Pistachio pudding mix
2 cups cool whip (1 small container)
2 cups mini marshmallows
2/3 cups chopped walnuts
1 can crushed pineapple.

Dump the can of pineapple, juice and all in a bowl. Stir in the package of pudding mix, blend well. Add the Cool Whip, fold in the marshmallows and nuts, chill for a couple of hours and ummmmm and ahhhhhhhh while you eat it!

canadian*girl
10-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Sweet Marie Bars! (Absolutely amazing!)
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of corn syrup
2 cups rice krispies
1 cup of chocolate chips
4.Stir until entire rice krispies mixture is covered.
5.Pat the mixture down in a glass pan (about 9x9) with a wet spoon.
6. Put 1 cup of chocolate chips in a glass measuring cup, put in the microwave until melted.
7.Spread on top of the rice mixture and let the bars cool off.
8.Cut into bars and cover with plastic wrap, or store the bars in a sealed plastic container.
*Serve at room temperature*

This is my absolute favorite recipe! If you like peanut butter and chocolate, it's amazing! =)

tlc3plus
10-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Man you guys are making me hungry... it's late afternoon and I haven't cooked in for ever. Well I did cook sunday dinner but that's different! lol I'm going to cook the last... after all my mil is on her way home from the hospital and will need some energy!

My mom is at home cooking soup for supper for them!

Clarinda