PDA

View Full Version : Ok, TOPS members what now?

judyjay
09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Either dh or I have been the biggest loser each week for the past 5 wks. This week is awful. I've not lost anything & am afraid that when I weigh in on Wed. that it may even show a gain. If I starve until weigh in time, how bad will that be? I don't mind not being the biggest loser. I just hate to have gained!

jujuann
09-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Welllll! When I returned last Tues nite, I weighed myself and I had gained 14+ lbs!!! So the next morning I really started pushing the water. Lots of water. Yeah, I spent a lot of time in the bathroom. I also cut back to my veggies and fruit. When I weighed in I had lost 9.5 of the 14+ and only had a 4 lb gain. I paid my fine and started again very strict on this Tues morn. Sometimes the unthinkable happens. We gain. Maybe you had food that was high in salt this week. Lots of fluids will flush the extra out. Sodas, even diet, are loaded with sodium. Don't lose your focus. Just keep plugging away. It will happen. We all hit plateaus. Maybe add some excersize to your routine, like gentle walking.

happy2scrap
10-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Hey Judy, so how are things going? Hope all is well and the weight is dropping!

judyjay
01-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Ok, we've been going to our TOPS meetings faithfully each week. As of our last weigh in, I've lost 48 lbs & dh has lost 55. Dh is only a few lbs from his goal. I've still got a ways to go. To get to my goal, I'll have to lose another 48 lbs. That puts me at the half way mark, I guess.

tracyf80
01-02-2009, 10:33 PM
congrats Judy. That is awesome. I hope to lose weight this year.

QuesMom
01-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Way to go JJ! Any weight lost is a goal! Hubby is back on his shots and slowly loosing the 20# he gained back after losing 62#....

jujuann
01-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Judy, so good! I'm happy for your DH too. Tomorrow, the weight recorder and I work on the weight charts and the yearly resume. Guess I'll know my yearly total then. I do know that it is not as good as your or your DH, but I think it is about 20 for the year. I just read in a magazine that hula hooping was good for weight loss and it trimmed inches. I think I'll go out and buy one as soon as they hit the stores.

judyjay
01-03-2009, 09:21 AM
I could do pretty good with a hula hoop when I was a teen but not now. When my kids were little & had one, I tried it but with no success. I know I couldn't do it at all now. That would be a fun way to get smaller, though.

happy2scrap
01-07-2009, 06:36 PM
It is good to hear from you Judy. Glad to hear you've done so well. I 'm on the weight loss journey too and have lost 43 lbs since Sept. 8. I have 17 more to go to get to the high end of the normal weight range for my height. I'm not sure about those weight ranges when 25 - 30 lbs within the range.

jujuann
01-08-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm always glad to hear of anyone's weight loss so congrats to you, happy2 scrap. As being overweight is a huge problem in the US, it's good to know that some of us are doing something about it. Keep up the good work.

Both of you should watch the biggest loser. It will definitely give you a motivation. Sometimes I just cry when I see how large they are and how well they do. It really amazes me when health problems are totally gone after a their big weight losses. I almost have my diabetes in controll.

happy2scrap
01-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Thats great to hear you are doing so well with your diabetes Judith! That is something a lot of people don't work to control. Isn't it a good feeling to know you are helping to improve your health in more ways than one. My cholesterol was 293 and has now dropped to 206. I'm hoping it will drop a few more points with the remainder of the pounds I have to lose.

I'm a biggest loser fan too. I hurried home Tuesday night to watch it. It helps to keep me motivated. I started on this weight loss journey just before last season, so I'm hoping to be at goal at the end of this season.

Congrats and keep up the good work everyone!

judyjay
01-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Judith, so great to hear that you are getting your diabetes under control. That is one of my goals too, not to get it under control but just not develop it. My dad had diabetes & at this point all of my brothers & sisters have it except me. I know that if I don't do something, I will get it too. My dr checks my blood sugar every time I see him.
As of this week, I have now lost 58 lbs. and my dh has met his weight goal losing 65 lbs. I still have 38 more lbs to go to my dr set weight goal. I hope to make it by mid summer. Dh & I have started watching biggest loser with this season. It is inspiring.

jujuann
01-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Way to go! Glad to hear that you are continuing to do well. I've hit a plateau and am struggling to get beyond it. I think if I get to feeling better then I'll get more active and solve the plateau problem. Keep up the good work. Tell your DH I said not to miss weigh ins or it will be hard to keep off the pounds. I've seen several of our girls lose their KOPS status because they thought it was all over. Sometimes the struggle to keep it off is as hard as the struggle to lose it. I'm pulling for you both.

judyjay
01-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks, Judith. I'll tell dh. I know how hard it is to keep it off. About 20 or so years ago, I lost 80 lbs. I gained it all back plus so I know how hard it is to maintain. I'm trying really hard to think of all of this as a life style change. Dh is doing great. He's still walking, down to about 4 mi. a day now, instead of the 10 he was doing. Still watching what he eats but does go back for 2nds some times now. I'm thinking my hard part will be the sweets. I am such a carb-o-holic! I still have a ways to go so I'm just watching every bite. This Thursday night at my church, we are having a thing called the "Sweetest Night of the Year." We will have a great women's speaker and you can literally eat your weight in chocolate. I'm really going to have to watch myself. Some it ok, but I can't over eat. Gotta run. Have to be in a class soon. I guess it won't hurt too much if I'm late since I'm the teacher!

jujuann
01-26-2009, 12:52 AM
WOW!! That would be soooo hard for me! I'm a true chocoholic. I also love my sweets, so I try to not have any at home. Then when we go to our potlucks at the SR Center or Church, I only eat veggies so I can try any or all of the desserts, if I want. Most of the time I only want about 3 of the many there, so I take about 1/4 of a piece. Then it's like eating one dessert. It works for me.

judyjay
01-26-2009, 01:07 PM
I really don't have as much of a problem with chocolate as it might seem. Chocolate is a migraine trigger for me so I really have to be careful. I never eat dark chocolate because that's a garenteed migraine but I can often get by with milk chocolate. I have been known to eat chocolate & take Tylenol at the same time.

jujuann
02-05-2009, 12:25 AM
I was so excited this week. I finally got off the plateau. I lost 2 lbs for last week and have already lost 2 more for this week. I needed that shot in the arm. I hope to have another 40 off by the end of this year. Then if I can get another 40 off next year I should be near my goal.

This year's Biggest Loser is a real incentive. Especially after I saw the returning players and what they had not lost in the 30 days at home. I thought about their excuses. They sounded lame to me. So I decided that I had to work harder too.