PDA

View Full Version : September Banned Book Week Challenge

ziggyeor
09-26-2008, 08:03 PM
http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/oif/bannedbooksweek/challengedbanned/frequentlychallengedbooks.cfm

My challenge is to do an LO about Reading. A book you loved or a book you hated doesn't matter. It could be the book you've read a million times to your child or wanted read to you.

You could also look at the list of banned books and see if you've read any.
I've read I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings as a HS student and The Color Purple and The Golden Compass. Would you want your kids reading these? Have you read then and how do you feel about them being banned?

Ziggy

tallulah1
09-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Mark Twain?
I can't believe it - I love him!
J

ziggyeor
09-26-2008, 08:47 PM
always still on the list :p For racial issues :p uh that's the only word they had back then anyone? period piece? how things were and aren't so bad now ROFL

Ziggy

southernbellescrapper
09-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh wow! I've read ALOT of those books!!! That is wierd! Great Challenge gf! I gotta think on this one some. ;)

scrappin_mom3
09-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Ok, here's mine... So, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and being that it was on the list of top challenged/banned books here a LO based on it it....

The quote is from "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and is spoken by Albus Dumbledore... it says

I sometimes find, and I'm sure you know the feeling, that I simply have to many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind...At these times...I use the Pensive. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into a basin, and examines them at one's leisure.

This was a really fun Challenge...I love books...I can't belive I actually put a picture of me looking this horrible on it, but it was one my son took and caught me in a middle of a thought! TFL ladies and thanks again Melissa for an awsome challenge!

http://www.startascrapbook.com/gallery/files/9/0/2/img_3850resize.jpg

ziggyeor
09-27-2008, 01:03 AM
OH that is such a neat idea!!! I love the bling and that paper is awesome! See ya never thought you were going to use Halloween paper for a non Halloween LO!

I think the pictures are awesome because you are in thought and I love the tearing and lack of color too!

You ladies are going to blow me away in my own challenges! I've been working on my other crop :p I couldn't decide what to do for this because I had so many ideas.

Ziggy

LuLu
09-27-2008, 07:30 AM
That is a really great LO! I really love how you used the quote.

ziggyeor
09-28-2008, 12:22 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u25/ziggyeor/septembercrop012.jpg

Here's mine the Wordle is the book discription I just copy and pasted then I typed Thud ten times and Terry Pratchett 5 so they'd come out bigger. I used a becky fleck sketch from her new book.

britishgirl
09-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Ok, here's mine... So, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and being that it was on the list of top challenged/banned books here a LO based on it it....

The quote is from "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and is spoken by Albus Dumbledore... it says

I sometimes find, and I'm sure you know the feeling, that I simply have to many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind...At these times...I use the Pensive. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into a basin, and examines them at one's leisure.

This was a really fun Challenge...I love books...I can't belive I actually put a picture of me looking this horrible on it, but it was one my son took and caught me in a middle of a thought! TFL ladies and thanks again Melissa for an awsome challenge!

http://www.startascrapbook.com/gallery/files/9/0/2/img_3850resize.jpg

Your kidding Harry Potter is a banned book what idiot did that i loveeeeeee Harry potter read all the books and seen all the movies i am such an avid reader if i am not scrapping i am reading i love getting totally lost in a book and i love your LO great job

ziggyeor
09-28-2008, 01:13 PM
because it's witchcraft don't ya know?! It's the work of the devil! ROFL yeah I had a friend in HS his church actually preached against the book :p crazy people read the friggin book first! waving a wand and saying avara kadarva ain't going to make anyone dead!

southernbellescrapper
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
That looks great Kerri! I love the paper! And the pix! Great job!

Lovin it Zig! Love the wordle too! So unique!

jujuann
09-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Isn't it funny what someone will make out of a book. When I read Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, I never thought anything bad about it. It was a "STORY"!! It was also from the times.

I love the LOs. I'm also an avid reader and love those mysteries. Don't mind a touch of romance. That's what I do when we travel instead of scrapping.