PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone knit with the knifty knitter?

Cass17
09-21-2008, 03:22 PM
I got one for DD last year and she loved it. She started to make a scarf, but then it got warmer and she lost interest in that project. I'm hoping she'll finish it so she can wear it this winter. I was thinking about trying something on it just for kicks.

QuesMom
09-21-2008, 04:13 PM
I have both the Circle and Rectangle looms, but quit working with them as the amount of yarn they use compared to knitting or even just crocheting is double to triple.

What they are good for is that if you do not know how to knit or crochet, you can do the looms.

With that said, you can make some of the cutest things on the looms very quickly too!

LuLu
09-21-2008, 04:19 PM
I have the circle set. I made a couple hats with it but that's it. I have some patterns for it. I remember a snowman pattern but I can't remember what else I have. Want me to look?

Cass17
09-22-2008, 08:46 AM
No, you don't need to look for them. I'm not sure if I'll make anything except maybe try a hat, although the looms she has are rectangle so I'm not sure if I can do anything round like a hat on it.

kray
09-22-2008, 05:57 PM
I haven't started knitting yet, but it is next on my list.

ScrappySam
09-27-2008, 10:06 AM
I got a set of circle looms last year and had fun making everyone hats with yarn flowers (of course) on them --- they turned out cute and easy to get done in an evening (I can't just sit and watch TV, I have to have something to do while watching the tube). It's about time to dig it out and make some in different colors. Thanks for the reminder!

Cass17
09-28-2008, 06:16 PM
How do you make them, Sam? Do you think I can make a hat with the oblong loom?

ScrappySam
09-28-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't think so --- I think you need the circle looms for the hats.

Cass17
09-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Hmmm....figures.

javamom
10-29-2008, 07:03 PM
I have the circle looms too, and a hat is a breeze on them and comes out so professional looking! I have done the rolled edge hat and the one w/ a band and both come out awesome. DD Rachel did a hat & a scarf set in one weekend- and she's never knit in her life!

The book from ACM with advanced level patterns including how to do a cable stitch is a good investment if you enjoy using the looms.

Dianacraftstoo
10-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks Christi i will look for the book. I have both round and oblong sets.

Diana

Cass17
11-30-2008, 12:21 PM
I'll look for the book, too.
I was looking on utube for directions since I lost mine and never realized that there are all sorts of stitches you can do. I just tried a few to see what they looked like and then ripped them out.

javamom
11-30-2008, 03:26 PM
I saw a really pretty afghan w/ cable stitch at a craft fair & the lady used a knifty knitter. I haven't yet tried anything fancy, but would love to learn that cable stitch someday.