PDA

View Full Version : How do you store punches?

Cass17
09-21-2008, 03:19 PM
I saw the Ikea tool rail in the Ikea post. I like that, but what other ways are there. When I had two punches I just kept them in a drawer, now I've collected several more and they don't fit in that little drawer. If you have photos, too, that would be great.

coriander
09-21-2008, 03:52 PM
I just keep mine in one of those photo boxes (that look like shoe boxes) with a label on the front. I scrap out of a closet, so most of my stuff is organized in boxes.

I really liked the IKEA rail idea.

QuesMom
09-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, punch hog here. I have about 40 and more in the future.

I buy there white 3 drawer stackers from Rubbermaid. I get them at Wal-Mart and I use foam core board, make divders in the drawers and have 3 full sets, working on the fourth.

I have them stacked 2 and 2 under my craft table.

sbartist
09-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Like this - although it is very heavy and it is now full:

http://www.startascrapbook.com/gallery/files/4/3/punches.jpg

ScrappySam
09-21-2008, 05:10 PM
I, too, like the IKEA/drapery rod idea. I have mine in the stacked drawers like Bonnie's (although ---- I don't have that many nor is it that neat --- I want to play at Bonnie's house) LOL

laurat99
09-21-2008, 05:12 PM
The clear plastic one on the side is from the $ store and has 9 pockets. The main one is an over-the-door shoe holder with 24 mesh pockets I found on clearance at Wal-Mart. The way my room is set up, it works better to have these in the closet.

judyjay
09-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Oh, Cassie, I'm so glad you asked this question! Until recently, I only had a few punches & just tossed them in a drawer. Now that I'm getting into the paper flowers, I'm getting more punches & many of these are the mega size. I like the ideas posted here. I'm going to have to figure out what I'll do with mine.

gluemore girl
09-21-2008, 07:33 PM
I had a bunch of mini ones that I stored in a basket.
Now I've weeded them out to the ones I know I'll use and they are in a drawer, for now....

Cass17
09-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh, Cassie, I'm so glad you asked this question! Until recently, I only had a few punches & just tossed them in a drawer. Now that I'm getting into the paper flowers, I'm getting more punches & many of these are the mega size. I like the ideas posted here. I'm going to have to figure out what I'll do with mine.

Yep! I've got some mega punches and giga punches. Those are the really hard ones to store.

I like the ideas I'm seeing here. Thanks.

kray
09-21-2008, 11:51 PM
I was having the same question myself as I picked up quite a few now...I had them in two drawers side by side, but now they are piling up....I want a clear view. I will be going to the 3rd drawer of my plastic 6 drawer thing in the room....however, I am having my eye on the shoe case thing on the door...however, mine would need to be on the wall....still thinking of the shelf that my son will need to build and put the bag underneath....haven't decided yet....keep changing my mind every couple days.

southernbellescrapper
09-22-2008, 01:28 AM
I keep my border punches and some of the bulkier clever lever, etc. punches in a over the door organize from the Dollar Tree like Laura does. Then the rest are in a shoebox bin. I don't have to many punches, but I agree, those shoe organizers are awesome!! But I love those from the Dollar Tree too! And so affordable!

Cyndi
09-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Pretty much like everyone else, photo box for the little ones and an over the door for the larger ones. :) :)

Cass17
09-22-2008, 08:51 AM
I guess I need to get to the dollar store and hope they have one of those. Right now they are all just sitting on my desk and are getting in my way. A coworker just gave me a square punch that she bought for something and never used so I have another one to add to the collection.

akgrniz
09-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Thank you too Cassie for asking this!! I was just trying to figure out what to do with mine too. I have a bunch of the giga and mega size punches for layering I have recently gotten the bug to do so I am buying the giant punches, along with the smaller ones to do multi layers. Right now yes they are in a sterlite container and need something else for them. I will have to look at WM (no dollar store/tree here) and pick up one of the show organizers.

Aussie-Abrielle
09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
mine are in a shoe box........but I only have a few that I really like.