PDA

View Full Version : The most dangerous cake recipe in the world!!

Penster (pjwlee)
09-17-2008, 06:51 PM
:DReceived this by email, oh my God, am I in for trouble.

Enjoy!!!!!!

The most dangerous cake recipe in the world!!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons cake flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips(optional)
a small splash of vanilla essence
1 coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla essence, and mix
again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000
watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more
virtuous).
And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time
of the day or night!

Tonitoo
09-17-2008, 07:07 PM
OMG, this sure is dangerous. You're a BAD girl for passing this on so we can all get fat..while loving every little crumb.....lol

Toni

Cyndi
09-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Sounds pretty good, may have to try it. :D

coriander
09-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Ooo, that sounds good!!
It would be a fun cooking project with kids, too. I will have to give it a try.
I think it's hilarious that the advertisement just below the original post says "How I lost 90 pounds!" HA HA HA!

ziggyeor
09-18-2008, 07:13 AM
LOL too funny. Hmm where was the recipe written that they have vanilla essense instead of extract? I've been watching Feasting on Waves on the food network and Alton, discovered this in the caribean and I hadn't heard of it either.

Ziggy

Cass17
09-18-2008, 10:24 PM
OMG, that sounds so good.

So how do you get your microwave to be 1000 Watts?

coriander
09-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Ok, a friend and I tried it tonight.

Flavor is good, texture is not.
Flavor is so good, texture can be overlooked if one really needs chocolate.:p

Eat while hot, or it becomes very tough.

Note: I used mini chocolate chips. They sank to the bottom, which was really nice when you turn the cake out because it made a melted chocolate "icing" on top.

southernbellescrapper
10-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Yummy! That does sound good! TFS

mommaidwf
10-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh that's sweet! Thanks for sharing this one!

javamom
10-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Our JA kids made gift mugs one year to sell at Christmas.

They put all of the dry ingredients in a baggie, stuffed it into a Christmas mug and tied a spoon and a little card with the directions on it to the mug handle with a pretty ribbon. People loved them!

Also:

~very cute for an office birthday, when you're not able to bring in a cake for the birthday girl/guy (include a candle!)

~cool for a tween birthday party/sleepover- give each kid a birthday themed or cute mug, make their own cake & let them turn the cakes out on a plate when done, pour milk in the mugs and everyone gets to take the mug home as a party favor.

**Keep in mind that microwave strengths vary, that 's what affects the texture of the cake. Adjust accordingly. In my friends microwave 2 mins. would incinerate this,in mine- it wouldn't be done!

ScrappySam
10-07-2008, 07:41 AM
So, Christi, a lot of experimenting is involved? I can dig it! (or dig into it as it may be)
Love your ideas, too!

tlc3plus
10-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh I'm so glad to see this! I don't cook much sweets... and we are always on a diet! Some nights I get a craving for something sweet and now I can make just a tad! lol

Clarinda

javamom
10-07-2008, 05:18 PM
LOL, yuppers Sam - lots of experimenting, but once you hit the right combo for you... it's CHOCOLATE heaven! :)

ScrappySam
10-08-2008, 08:10 AM
LOL -- the way things are going right now, I could use a bit of chocolate heaven!

kray
10-09-2008, 05:00 AM
I am a chocolate feen.....I will have to try this one night when I am hungry for chocolate

javamom
10-19-2008, 01:01 PM
OH hey ladies- I foprgot to mention that for added chocolate heavenliness you can tuck a mini candy bar of your choice into the middle of the batter before baking! :D Again, baking times will vary according to microwaves so you may have to adjust.

thecountryrose
10-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Mmmmm! Instant chocolate cake fix!!! Well, almost :D. The candy in the middle sounds good too!

southernbellescrapper
10-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Hee hee..I have a confession. I got the ingredients for this at the grocery store tonite. I so don't need it, but am gonna try it. I'll let ya know when I do too. :)

thecountryrose
10-27-2008, 11:10 AM
I hear ya! Chocolate is such a diet breaker, lol!

Atty
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
For me it would be bread, would rather eat that than chocolate..yeah call me crazy!! LOL